5 replies to this topic

#1 penguinofdoom564

penguinofdoom564

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 05 November 2002 - 11:23 PM

Well, I just opened the mailbox and look what i found! An envelope with my Xecuter in it from HackersHardware! This all sounds well and good but the whole thing started way back in October.

I had ordered a Matrix from EB2000 and finally got fed up with their crap. I cancelled because I saw a post on the Xbox-Scene news page that HH was having a Columbus Day weekend sale. A $22 Xecuter was just too tempting. Sure, I had heard of HH's troubles in the past but I thought that I heard that they had cleaned their act up. So I cancelled with EB and ordered from HH. A couple days later I got an email saying that my package was shipped. Though it turns out all that email meant was that they had made a label for my package (electronic shipping), and that it may or may not have been shipped out. It turned out to be the later and it still did not ship for a week.

I go on the HH website and it says that their moving offices. Then i read a a post from someone who ordered from them the same day I did and HH stated that all shipments were being delayed becuz of the transition. A couple days passed and I then emailed HH. 4 days later they said that they had "found" my shipping label and that it was going to be shipped out tomorrow (monday (oct. 28)). No package the whole week. Finally today, it came.

IN CONCLUSION!!!! While I did get my package, it did take 3 weeks. Their customer service is horrible and you shouldn't trust anything they say. BUYER BEWARE!

PS: It's not even a real Xecuter...third party....I'll post later to tell u guyz how it workz out.

#2 Ace25

Ace25

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,759 posts
  • Interests:Modding anything I can...
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 06 November 2002 - 12:06 AM

Exactly what constitutes a "real" Xecuter vs. fake? The X team never made any chips themselves so I am not understanding what you mean. They are ALL 3rd party chips.

#3 reaven

reaven

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 06 November 2002 - 12:34 AM

You are right Ace , and i indeed order my x-ecuter from them and only took 2 weeks and I live in Puerto Rico so thats ok with me , am agree with you in the customer service they took about 5 days to answer my email and the only thing they answer was the same tracking as you from the USPS.

anyway my chip is install and working fine since i installed that was like a moth ago or something!!!

-----Good luck with yours!! biggrin.gif

#4 penguinofdoom564

penguinofdoom564

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 06 November 2002 - 02:47 AM

guess ur right about the whole third party thing. just installed the chip and finally got a cd-rw disc that worked (just needed the dummy file)...evox boots perfectley...

#5 cykiller

cykiller

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 06 November 2002 - 03:09 AM

so what does your so called 3rd party chip look like?? unsure.gif

muhaha.gif

#6 reaven

reaven