• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 reymon

reymon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 03:37 AM

Hi a friend of mine gave me his xbox to upgrade his harddrive.So i booted up with an evox bootable cd and FTP to the xbox.I installed evox and configmagic. I rebooted and it worked fine, so i used config magic to unlock the harddrive for later use in a pc or whatsoever. Now i rebooted again and the xbox won't boot up again and gives me errorcode 5 wich means that an unlocked drive is installed.I asked my frien about his mod and i found out that the guys who modded the xbox for him did an tsop mod instead of the chip mod he asked for.My best guess is that the bios can't handle unlocked drives now.My question is how do i get this drive into its locked state again (i didnt make a backup using evox so there is no info on the hardrive about the lock/ unlock code ,yes this is very stupid i know).I have a modded xbox myself maybe there is way to lock this drive again using my xbox.I think that lock/unlocking is only possible with the xbox it came with.Any help would be welcome.

Thanx
Rey

#2 RaGe

RaGe

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 October 2003 - 05:46 AM

I think you can put the unlocked HD into another modded xbox and lock it and replace it into the other xbox

#3 catdog2

catdog2

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 06:55 AM

QUOTE (RaGe @ Oct 16 2003, 07:46 AM)
I think you can put the unlocked HD into another modded xbox and lock it and replace it into the other xbox

DO NOT DO THIS!!!

Yes the harddrive code IS specific to the xbox it came from. You will need to lock the harddrive on the xbox it will be used in.

Since you have no backup of the key or eeprom available, my suggestion would be to put your modchip in his xbox so you can boot it again.

#4 DaShiZNiT

DaShiZNiT

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 October 2003 - 03:36 PM

man, if thats the case, they must have used a OLD ass BIOS...

anyways, I think you might need to get yourself a cheapmod, or a matrix or something, just to boot the machine, reflash his BIOS. Then just take off the modchip, and that HDD you installed should work just fine.

I still got my trusty (shitty) Matrix on a shelf for such occassions wink.gif

#5 reymon

reymon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 06:17 PM

Hi thanx fir the replies

I don't know if its an old bios, when it used to boot up it showed matrix inside.Thats why i assumed that he had an mod chip(matrix) installed. So in short there's no other way to lock the drive again without installing an real mod chip?

Thanx
Rey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users