3 replies to this topic

#1 AlCapone

AlCapone

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 05:57 PM

I set up two Xboxes with 0.48 , and transferred ~75GB, (~4700files/~3100folders) between them.
The avalaunch FTP server & FTP client worked well, and I got an avearge of 8.xMB/s
(using a switch inbetween the boxes.)

(The point with this thread is to report stuff that is known to work well) smile.gif

Edited by AlCapone, 16 October 2003 - 05:58 PM.

#2 the joker

the joker

Avalaunch Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 October 2003 - 08:13 PM

smile.gif that is a quite large amount of data moved ! took long time ?

#3 Ed_209

Ed_209

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 October 2003 - 05:01 AM

Just wanted to post a very similar success story...I recently decided to upgrade my 120 gig hard drive to a 200 gig hard drive. I put Avalaunch 048 on two xboxes and I queud 100 GIGS of random files and folders all at once and it all transferred in about 4 hours. I get an average of 10,000 k/s with a switch connected inbetween. When I used to use XBFTP with Evolution X my average was at most 4,000 k/s. When I queued up more than 2 or 3 games with XBFTP I would get lock ups every time and I had to "babysit" my file transfers...now all I have to do is queue everything all at once with Avalaunch and it goes extremely fast every time! And the rumors about Avalaunch not working with LBA48 supported bioses is false, I am using a 4976.02 bios modified with LBA48 support/G drive functionality using XBTOOL 1010 and everything is fine. I LOVE the autodetect feature of other avalaunched xboxes, I have 3 xboxes in my house and it makes life so much more easier. Keep this up and you will have nothing to show us for christmas! Thanks for the legendary work! biggrin.gif

#4 s2k

s2k

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 26 October 2003 - 09:47 AM

I've setup 2 boxes now with Ava and love it. By far the nicest dashboard.

How did you do the xbox to xbox transfer? What app was used? I'd like to try that as well but wasn't sure how to do it.

Disreagrd... Figured the xbox to xbox thing out, that was too easy. Ava rocks beerchug.gif

Edited by s2k, 26 October 2003 - 09:51 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users