• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 iloveacidbath

iloveacidbath

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 October 2003 - 05:16 AM

Some files i try to upload to my xbox fail every time i try to upload them. this is annoying because it is a file from a game now and then that wont transfer making the game not work. Is this just my problem or is there a fix or workaround
??

#2 mR. DEATH

mR. DEATH

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 October 2003 - 05:25 AM

Be more specific with what files you are trying to transfer. If you actually own a game then there is no problem with talking about copying it. what is the name of the file? You xbox has a file name limit...you should get a "file failed opening" or similar error if this is the problem.

#3 iloveacidbath

iloveacidbath

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 October 2003 - 05:27 AM

In NBA live 2004 the xditties.ast wont transfer. I guess i could just burn it to a DVD and rip it on but this has been an ongoing process. If you know the fix i would really like to know. BTW it doesnt say anything when it fails it just X's out

#4 mR. DEATH

mR. DEATH

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 20 October 2003 - 07:54 PM

Well, in this case I'm pretty sure that file is meant to be un-rippable so you cannot just rent the game and transfer it to the HD. There are patches, that fix the problem, that are considered legal only if you own the game. I think the problem is that when you ripped it to your HD it is a bad file(meant to be non-usable), so even if you do get it on your HD with the DVD method...it may still not work. However I'm not 100% sure so someone correct me if I am wrong.

Possible solutions as of now:
1. Try another FTP program
2. Try renaming the file to like "default.xbe" or "a.abc" then back to original once it is on the HD
3. Look for a patch in the usual places ONLY if you own the game

#5 ThUgLoVe

ThUgLoVe

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 October 2003 - 04:07 PM

i had NP at all backin up nba live 2004 to my HDD(using Boxplorer),and so far its working great knock on wood.....

XBOX v1.1
Matrix mod
X2_4977_blue_noaim
EvoX-V1.8.3752

maybe you guys have a old bios or evox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users