• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Rahvin

Rahvin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 November 2002 - 02:17 PM

I have been reading about Evox for a while now and I haven't seen the answer I was looking for it was probably right infront of my eyes but I didn't see so I will ask...

I had someone do this mod for me, they told me it was evolutionx so now reading everything in the forum it doesn't even seem like its a mod chip but a program? I also read the FAQS. Am I right, its not an actual chip?? This lets me play PAL games and backsup along with a few other things if you have a computer...

I really know nothing about these mods and all but if this was installed directly to my hard drive it doesn't mess up my dash right? (I mean for xbox live) I have no Evox Dash so I should be fine from what I read in these forums.

I'm asking this because this guy who installed it said he ordered it, now if its a program he didn't order sh*t and cheated me!!! mad.gif and I will be getting my money back unless I'm wrong... tongue.gif

#2 Magitues

Magitues

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 06 November 2002 - 04:23 PM

????

Evolution-X is a front end dashboard....(Software...)
You MUST have a mod-chip installed to use it...
You do NOT order Evolution-X.
You DO order the Mod-Chip.

How did this "guy" install anything on the X-box without a mod-chip...
If he did...he's smarter than everyone here.

Basically...if you don't have a mod-chip...and this guy says he installed something....you got ripped the hell off!

and...playing x-box live depends what Mod-Chip and how you set it up.
you have to bypass the chip's bios if you want XBL to work.
More detailed info is located in the forums.
Just search....search....search....

cheers and beers!
beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif

#3 Rahvin

Rahvin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 November 2002 - 04:28 PM

ok thx for your answer. I got something on my xbox since I can play PAL games (I have a US xbox) I will try to clear things up with this guy who hooked me up. He said I can play backups and PAL games and watch VCD's via my computer??!?!!?! Anyways I will clear things up dry.gif

#4 Magitues

Magitues

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 06 November 2002 - 04:32 PM

Look on the bottom of your box and see if the stickers have been removed or if there is holes in the stickers that reveals the torx-screws.
If so...then you're x-box has been modded.

You might want to find out what chip you have....!

#5 Rahvin

Rahvin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 November 2002 - 04:56 PM

Yup I already checked that out, so I did get a mod, I will be calling this guy and getting some clearer info!! grr.gif

#6 sky131

sky131

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 06 November 2002 - 08:29 PM

I had a guy rip me off. He said he chipped my XBOX, and I opened it when it would not play any games and all that was in there were about 20 Cool Ranch Dorito fragments.

Tell the guy that set up your BOX to let you know what is in there. It will be handy down the road. Modding an XBOX is a labor of love, so I recommend you open that case and give it some lovin.

#7 Sykotek

Sykotek

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 06 November 2002 - 08:38 PM

That's funny, the doritos worked for me. Oh wait, they were Nacho Cheesier. That's probably why. They were more compatible with my system, but it was a v1.0.

#8 s_lipowitz

s_lipowitz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 06 November 2002 - 08:50 PM

What I wonder is how did you know for a fact they were "Cool Ranch" flavor? Did you eat them?

jester.gif jester.gif jester.gif

#9 sky131

sky131

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 07 November 2002 - 01:54 AM

QUOTE (s_lipowitz @ Nov 6 2002, 07:50 PM)
What I wonder is how did you know for a fact they were "Cool Ranch" flavor? Did you eat them?

jester.gif jester.gif jester.gif

Of course I ate them. I am still a victim of those late 80s Jay Leno Doritos ads. MY motto is: "GO DORITO OR GO HOME!"

#10 Hammy

Hammy

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 07 November 2002 - 11:27 AM

I had the same problem and after i finished them off my xbox worked fine beerchug.gif pop.gif

#11 s_lipowitz

s_lipowitz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 07 November 2002 - 08:24 PM

Note to self: No more eating around the workbench

jester.gif jester.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users