#1 Rohaq

Rohaq

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 18 October 2003 - 01:46 PM

A question for all the folks out there with v1.1 Xboxes and the Xbit: Is anyone else having as much trouble as me installing the chip? I've installed it without a BIOS flashed, but when I boot, rather than FRAG, my box boots to the standard MS dashboard. I've scraped d0, since booting to MS dash despite no BIOS generally means that the d0 point isn't making contact (I believe, correct me if I'm wrong), but despite scraping, no joy.

I haven't tried soldering yet, since it means borrowing a soldering iron off a friend, buying some lead-free solder, relearning how to solder, and removing the motherboard, all of which I'm trying to avoid, but I want to know; are there any other 1.1 owners out there having trouble with this chip?

#2 pieces

pieces

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 18 October 2003 - 06:52 PM

I had trouble with v1.1. But it was all because of chip not being aligned. I had no trouble with my v1.0 I think because of soldier in the lpc holes made better contact. It will work just make small adjustments by loosening and tighting the screw so it shifts the chip a little at a time and make sure your logo is colored.

#3 [[CWB]]-Master-

[[CWB]]-Master-

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 October 2003 - 07:55 PM

Yea, i have the v1.1 and am having the same problems. Ill try jiggling it, but i have already done it.

#4 Rohaq

Rohaq

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 18 October 2003 - 09:53 PM

Borrowed a soldering iron, but I'm going to flash it from Windows 98 first and then test it.

#5 S U C K IT

S U C K IT

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 October 2003 - 12:40 PM

Same here the x-bit sucks.
my xbox dosent even boot to ms no more im so close to chunking in the binnnnnnnn!!!!!!!

#6 Rohaq

Rohaq

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 19 October 2003 - 12:53 PM

QUOTE (S U C K IT @ Oct 19 2003, 02:40 PM)
Same here the x-bit sucks.
my xbox dosent even boot to ms no more im so close to chunking in the binnnnnnnn!!!!!!!

Going OT a bit (and in my own topic laugh.gif) but what did you do to it? Xboxes don't just stop working smile.gif

#7 Totenkopf

Totenkopf

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 19 October 2003 - 12:55 PM

That's odd... worked perfectly for me on my virgin 1.1 XBOX...no flaws whatsoever.

I did not scrape d0, but was very precise in alligning it (i could hear it "click/snap" in place. Only had to refit it once because when i replaced the harddisk i must have shook the XBOX a bit to hard somehow. It is a pogo=pin installation btw, no soldering (also no STM). My lpc holes are not filled (sounds rather kinky doesn't it hehe).

Flashed with X2 4977 and Evox M7_EF (the latter i'm running now) but both work fine.

I also installed the dashes and apps via Xavier-Multidash by using ordinary cd-r (tayo-yuden). Yes, it is a Samsung (lucky me).

Before modding it was a 4817 kernel and 4920 dash.

#8 Rohaq

Rohaq

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 19 October 2003 - 01:04 PM

Well, glad to know there's no incompatabilities.

Found out that when you install the chip with no BIOS, and try to boot off it, it goes to the MS Dash. I was expecting it to FRAG due to no BIOS being found. Looks like this is the source of my problem.

Can't seem to flash through XP on ANY PC. It seems more like buggy flashing software than anything else. Hopefully the next version will yield more bugfixes. In any case, I'm installing 98 tonight so I can try flashing that way :|

#9 S U C K IT

S U C K IT

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 October 2003 - 01:07 PM

I dont know just removed on chip and tryed to put in this jackass thing and yeah
and i dont have no idear what the other chip is so yeahhhhhhhhhhhh

#10 S U C K IT

S U C K IT

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 October 2003 - 01:15 PM

oh yeah by the way it keeps on giving error 16 when i try to boot to ms with the x-bit off and when on turn's on and off 3 times then stays on nathing happens then grr.gif

#11 Ripklawe

Ripklawe

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 19 October 2003 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE (Rohaq @ Oct 19 2003, 02:04 PM)
Well, glad to know there's no incompatabilities.

Found out that when you install the chip with no BIOS, and try to boot off it, it goes to the MS Dash. I was expecting it to FRAG due to no BIOS being found. Looks like this is the source of my problem.

Can't seem to flash through XP on ANY PC. It seems more like buggy flashing software than anything else. Hopefully the next version will yield more bugfixes. In any case, I'm installing 98 tonight so I can try flashing that way :|

And the moron of the day award goes to.....

Well perhaps that is harsh but I have about had it with this topic. There is no version incompatability, it is user error. RTFM and take your time.

RTFM,

Ripklawe

Edited by Ripklawe, 19 October 2003 - 01:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users