frozen lake

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Interests:games, sex, movies, sex, music, sex
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 22 December 2003 - 10:27 AM

QUOTE (DuDeR MaN @ Dec 17 2003, 08:58 PM)
(i had 3 saves in dungeons and dragons hereos and lost them all due to a friend accedently saving over them).

is he still a friend?

laugh.gif

#17 DuDeR MaN

DuDeR MaN

X-S X-perience

• PipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 December 2003 - 11:57 AM

lol... yea, what we did was use the codes to gain our xp back up and basically ran through the game to where I last saved and yea... it sucked. I lost alot of good crap too. oh well.

One thing I'd like to add about this game is that the whole fact that you can pick up basically everything is cool first, "oh look at can pick up the candle stick, and the fork, and that leaf, oh cool I can carry that basket of bread" but gets real old real fast and it even gets in the way alot! I found myself getting caught stealing a bunch of times for accedently pressing "a" while facing a random item.

#18 Foe-hammer

Foe-hammer

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, body building, video games
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 December 2003 - 05:49 AM

I just picked up the "game of the year edition", and have not had any of the said problems that i did have with the first morrowind. So, picking up the game of the year edition is highly recommened.

#19 Mast3r Ch13f

Mast3r Ch13f

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 07:47 AM

This is an excellent game, I really wish I could play it, but it gives me severe motion sickness after 10min of playing sad.gif .

Edited by Mast3r Ch13f, 28 December 2003 - 07:48 AM.

#20 sonic6

sonic6

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 05:10 PM

I picked up morrowind goty and it still freezes on me at times. It is a pretty fun game, way to big of an environment tho i like kotor sized with levels. I also dont like the music and the game takes forever to load and save even on hdd. If you die it has to load it again talking forever i guess this adds to the 200+ hours it promises. It is a huge game tho and I have been playing for some time now doing different jobs and exploring, not seeing the main point tho hopefully it will get more interesting even if it is addicting now. I have also found other bugs like getting stuck in places or just yesterday i was jumping over a bridge and fell through!? oh well what do you expect from a pc port anyway it is a fun game if you have time on your hands

#21 Foe-hammer

Foe-hammer

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (Foe-hammer @ Dec 28 2003, 07:49 AM)
I just picked up the "game of the year edition", and have not had any of the said problems that i did have with the first morrowind. So, picking up the game of the year edition is highly recommened.

I've been playing the game of the year addition off the hard drive this time around, if that makes any difference.

#22 Lt. DARRYL

Lt. DARRYL

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 11:22 PM

Morrowind is a great game. It certainly revolutionized the console RPG genre. Obviously Everquest for the PC is similar but Everquest is an MMORPG, not an RPG--for those of you who didn't know.

#23 wside420

wside420

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 10:00 PM

I do like this Game but i would like to mention a few Flaws about this game which make it tideous

The SoundTrack in this Game is Garbage, there are only too Songs in this whole god damn game
there is the Do do do , do do do , do do do, do do do, do do do Yes i know It doesnt sound like that but its the same Rhythmic loop over and over no Variety in Spell,Fighting sounds, no real Monster sounds.

There arent any Voices When you go in to Dialog mode or probably even the whole game (well there is like 3 voices during the start of the game (Probably if you add up all the god damn text it would be like reading a 400 page book) i usually dont even read the Dialog so it kills the Story

Fighting Most Horible Melee Fighting ive ever seen, you go up to the guy and its Chop Chop Chop Chop the exact same Animation Loops on and on no side attacks, no Head attacks just lifting the sword up and releasing down

level Design is HORRIBLE the Citys Look Pretty Decent but pretty much the exact same
The Enviorments loook exactly the same just Dirt. you cant tell if your on one side of the island or the other

Game can get really frustrating cause it tells you to find a plant or sumtin and it gives you shitty un Specific Directions so you end up looking for an hour just to find the god damn thing and you usually just turn the xbox off. also the management of your Quests is really quite Disorganized.

Not to many Glitches Except for the Freezing Glitch which will piss you off So god damn much cause you play for like 3hr of this stupid game and the game just freezes for no god damn reason.

they shouldnt of made it so god damn easy to steal shit also cause i was pickin up 20000$ armor and weapons when i was like level 2 so there wasnt really much to play for.

Graphics are limited due to the 800*600 res, looks 20x better on computer.

There are some Good things about this game
making your own Spells is pretty cool ( love getting from one side of the island to the other side in 2 jumps jester.gif )
also Choosing your Guild and the Freedom of exploration is a plus.

Even though i hate this game so god damn much, i do enjoy playing it i dont know why but it was alot of fun for me

playing the game is a 9/10 but just thinking about it is a 2/10

i guess you just have to really get into the game to love it.

They should remake The Elder Scrolls:Arena for pc Floppy '92 heh jester.gif

I suggest Picking up Starwars Galaxies, Same Developer, Same gameplay But Imprives on elderscrolls Flaws in everyway.

Edited by wside420, 22 January 2004 - 10:02 PM.

#24 DuDeR MaN

DuDeR MaN

X-S X-perience

• PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 23 January 2004 - 01:54 AM

well maybe if morrowind charged $20 a month to play their game it may be better. I gotta say that galaxies has great potential but it's not that great yet. You need a super computer to get no or little lag and last I heard lots of gameplay elements such as vehicles and becoming a jedi weren't activated yet.

#25 ChrisF

ChrisF

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 07:33 PM

(Probably if you add up all the god damn text it would be like reading a 400 page book)

Yeah - the dialogue can suck, especially when you start out and don't know who's important and what people have to say. Try reading all the damn books in the game - unbelievable the amount of effort the devs put in. Some people collect them and build a library. Particularly the rare books.

Fighting Most Horible Melee Fighting ive ever seen, you go up to the guy and its Chop Chop Chop Chop the exact same Animation Loops on and on no side attacks, no Head attacks just lifting the sword up and releasing down

Not sure if you are aware of it but there are two other attacks - slash and thrust. Each melee weapon has a different profile for damage depending upon the attack used. Chop is the default but hold the joystick to the side (slash) or forward (thrust) and using the attack button. There is also an option for the Xbox to default to a particular weapon's best attack regardless. Maybe experiement and see if this option was checked which would keep you from noticing the others available.

level Design is HORRIBLE the Citys Look Pretty Decent but pretty much the exact same
The Enviorments loook exactly the same just Dirt. you cant tell if your on one side of the island or the other

So you are telling me Ebonheart looks like Vos/Tel Vos? One is built into giant trees like some fantasy novel while the other is classic middle ages. Vivec is made up of floating platforms that house different sections/cantons. Most of the cities match the architecture of a particular ruling house - plus there are tons of villages each built into the natural environment. I mean, a city is a city but I can't think of more diversity - certainly more than we see in the real world. As for the environments - the Ashlands and the interior is certainly dirt and sand (sort of plays into the storyline), but there are swamps, grasslands, coastal regions, mountains, rivers, mines, dungeonsand some incredibly beautify landscapes around Vivec and Suran. With the new mods built in there should be even more.

On the whole though the game can be frustrating and is way better on the computer but there really isn't anything to match it. The good outweighs the few bad points and it is a spectacular game but someone has to actually play for a while to appreciate it. Plus, I've noticed a major dichotomy on the opinions of this game. People either absolutely love it or dislike it. There is little middle ground and if one finds it is their kind of game be prepared for a serious life sucker.

#26 JaggedChild04

JaggedChild04

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 09:43 PM

hehe this review sturred up alot of attention. glad u guys like the game. i thought this forum section got deleted after the contest was over laugh.gif

#27 DuDeR MaN

DuDeR MaN

X-S X-perience

• PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 01:18 AM

They finally got someone to clean it up and look after it, do it's all good.

#28 RCP-90

RCP-90

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 12:39 AM

"...sick of wasting hours wandering the land getting lost or killed by things, or getting attacked by those god awful teradactyl things. Those stupid teradactyl birds made me just about smash this game into pieces. Much too boring also, nothing ever happened that was interesting, and everywhere looks the same. "

Whoever said this was right. I liked the game, there are serious problems however:

Although it never froze it would often dick me over - not allowing me to pick up an object or getting stuck standing half in a boat or something

too long loading

far too many shitty teradactyls (why Bethedsa?) blink.gif

was the reviewer on acid? the graphics are dull - too much brown + every town looks the same, everywhere else is crappy wasteland, walking somewhere for hours looking for some small door in the side of a mountain or something

---

but a great RPG
badly flawed (original) so 6/10

#29 lebriznon

lebriznon

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 03:57 AM

a warning to all:
if you do not like aimless wandering around finding something to do, or constantly reading pages of pointless speech, or taking half an hour to walk from point A to point B, DO NOT play this game.
i personally am one of these people. and hence i got sick of it after half an hour....TWICE..
for those of you who really like this game (god help you) good for you biggrin.gif

Edited by lebriznon, 22 March 2004 - 03:57 AM.

#30 Foe-hammer

Foe-hammer

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE (lebriznon @ Mar 22 2004, 05:57 AM)
i got sick of it after half an hour....TWICE..

That's why you did not like the game. You have to put in a good 5 hrs to even get into the game. Then once you are, there's no turning back. Morrowind is not a game that you can just play for 10 min at a time to get your fix. For those with small attention spansl, i reccomend a linear RPG like final fantasy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users