we can only hope. laugh.gif

#3 pmow

pmow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 09 July 2002 - 01:14 AM

"Hope?" Obviously you think it was a bad idea to begin with. The obvious are pros like homebrew dev and HD expansion, and cons, piracy. Are there other reasons why you don't like this program?

#4 XanTium

XanTium

Xanta Powa!

• Admin
  • 3,110 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 July 2002 - 01:17 AM

it's just the news/support site that closed down.

development will continue.

#5 uniblab

uniblab

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 09 July 2002 - 02:05 AM

pretty much anyone who bought or installed a non evox modchip is pissed off that they can't install >8g harddrive, which is the coolest thing about evox (aside from ftp wink.gif

#6 sasherm13

sasherm13

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 July 2002 - 02:21 AM

Peronally I don't care about the HD upgrade. I just copy the games straight from the original CD to my comp and then burn em to DVDs. (I havent actually done one yet, my 1st is still transfering).

#7 NeuroKnight

NeuroKnight

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 09 July 2002 - 07:09 AM

I like it for its Legal use of backing up the games I already own, now I don't have to worry abut the dog eating them. wink.gif

#8 Revolver_O

Revolver_O

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 09 July 2002 - 07:20 AM

well anyone with the software now is happy. only thing im worried about is the lack of updates they will have.....NONE

#9 Prot

Prot

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 July 2002 - 08:28 AM

Easy now, they only released Evo X a few days ago - give 'em a break smile.gif

I'm looking forward to the next release like everybody else, there are still plenty of usefull features that could be implemented... I can't wait smile.gif

My biggest hope though, is that thay release the code so different groups/people could improve it.

#10 Einsteiniac

Einsteiniac

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 July 2002 - 08:52 AM

QUOTE (Prot @ Jul 9 2002, 07:28 AM)
Easy now, they only released Evo X a few days ago - give 'em a break smile.gif

I'm looking forward to the next release like everybody else, there are still plenty of usefull features that could be implemented... I can't wait smile.gif

My biggest hope though, is that thay release the code so different groups/people could improve it.

Yeah hopefully they do it soon. I don't see a clone of evox taking very much time to complete its just that it would be nice just in case ms lays the smack down.

#11 foocankill

foocankill

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 09 July 2002 - 09:35 AM

hey they are just takin a vacation, and they deserve it. theyll be back with updates and other goodies.

#12 Glex25

Glex25

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 July 2002 - 09:40 AM

well im pretty happy with the evo x rls i even flashed my homebrew with their bios. I cant seem to think people want more than what has already been offered. I mean kool yeah everyone wants an easy way to format a bigger hd to slap it into the xbox and maybe do some of your own custom GUI interface for the dashboard n more than one login thru ftp so u can backup a game directly to the hd as opposed to your pc first then the xbox hd. i consider it a small incovenience specially since the way things have been developing so rapidly for the xbox scene. Ps2 modscene is stagnant compared to the quickness with which groups have developed appz and other miscellaneous stuff for the xbox. I couldn't be happier ph34r.gif

I just like to thank all those groups that have given US endusers more choices than a ginsu knife can cut thru tongue.gif

#13 Hammy

Hammy

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 09 July 2002 - 12:21 PM

Ronnie. What is wrong with you?

Are you working for MS or what?

These great guys at EvoX are showing us the way forward and you seem to think it is a bad thing.

People have only scrathed the surface of what the xbox can do and you always seem to put these people down for there hard work.

If you are not happy with these sort of things then why are you on these
forums anyway?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users