#1 kamikazi26

kamikazi26

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 8 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 October 2003 - 09:06 PM

My modded xbox works 100% everything is fine except when i plug in my ethernet cable to the back of it..I get these lines that cross the screen. I can ftp to my xbox just fine (100mb/full duplex) and i can watch some movies remotely from my computer harddrive with ease..but i have to deal with these lines all the time. As soon as i unplug the LAN cable from the back of the xbox, it all goes away....Does anyone eles have this problem?

Kamikazi

Edited by kamikazi26, 20 October 2003 - 09:07 PM.

#2 Rohaq

Rohaq

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 20 October 2003 - 10:45 PM

Have you tried another network cable?

#3 kamikazi26

kamikazi26

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 8 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 October 2003 - 12:17 AM

i can't.. It's ran through the heating ducts of the house, about 50 feet or so..

#4 BCfosheezy

BCfosheezy

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 October 2003 - 01:34 AM

QUOTE (kamikazi26 @ Oct 20 2003, 08:17 PM)
i can't.. It's ran through the heating ducts of the house, about 50 feet or so..

here's a little food for thought. Two metals and heat produces electricity. I wonder if that's the deal. Also note, if you're using utp they are unshielded. This means that those heating ducts can act like a big antanae if they are not grounded properly. This can induce rf into your utp. Also, if your ducts are grounded in more than one place this can create a difference in potential... yep... voltage. So check it out. You're definitely getting rf somewhere. Maybe it's emi too from your fan..... who knows. Good luck finding it.

Edited by BCfosheezy, 21 October 2003 - 01:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users