4 replies to this topic

#1 Masterjosh

Masterjosh

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 October 2003 - 12:49 AM

i wasnt able to ftp my xbox for like 2 days and it was getting annoying so i unlocked my harddrive with configmagic to see if that would help i didnt think it would hurt anything cuz ive seen lots of ppl using xbox with unlocked hd's. so i did it and now all i see is the screen that says your xbox needs maintanice.I was using the 007 exploit i havent tryed using a evox boot disk yet but i think since it wont read regular xbox games it wont read that. only thing i can think of is gettin a mod chip but i dont know if that will work and i dont want to waste my money soo anyone got any thoughts?

#2 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,527 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 October 2003 - 01:04 AM

A Xbox without a modchip can not use an unlocked hard drive.

Besides, not being able to FTP to your Xbox has nothing to do with an un/locked HD, if you are using EvolutionX, or any other FTP enabled Xbox app.

#3 Big HDD

Big HDD

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 21 October 2003 - 01:24 AM

i cant make any guarantees, but IMO, there are 2 possible solutions......1. get slayers and boot it up(it should work, it booted mine when i had my new blank hd), then use configmagic final to lock your hd back up, or 2.take out your hd and put it in your pc and somehow find a way to unlock it.

#4 sublime-1

sublime-1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 October 2003 - 02:51 PM

he has no mod. He was using the Memory Card hack...

#5 alwaysonjohn

alwaysonjohn

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 22 October 2003 - 01:21 AM

you need to put a mod-chip in it & lock using configmagic.

A retail xbox cannot use an unlocked hard drive!!!! keep that in your mind in the future after shelling out $30 for a mod-chip which you wouldn't need if you didn't unlock.

If you have a copy of your eeprom on your computer you can lock your hard drive from your computer. read the locking tutorials using the old dos programs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users