GameGuru

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 21 October 2003 - 10:34 PM

If anyone knows of a site that specializes in this please let me know ok?

I am trying to figure out the name of a movie I saw in the early 80s. Some catastrophe happened and every living thing on the planet disappeared/disintergrated except for things that were technically dead at the time of the catastrophe. You see some things happening before this flash that kills everything that tries to explain why some people are still alive. One is a guy drowning himself in his tub and after the flash he jumps up out of the water and is alive. I think someone is stabbed and dies but right after the flash is living. I know, weird. I believe it ends with the handful of survivors seeing a reactor or missle silo or something on a base and the one guy decides to drive a semi truck into it to stop whatever is going on.

Sorry about the lack of info on it but it has been 20 years. Can anyone help me?

#2 chefelf

chefelf

Brandishing the Triforce of Modding

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Web Design, Writing, Cycling, Hardware Modification, Building Computers, Music
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 October 2003 - 10:43 PM

This isn't really the forum for this. This should probably be in General Chat.

And sorry, I don't know what film you're talking about. wink.gif

Edited by chefelf, 21 October 2003 - 10:44 PM.

#3 camjojosh

camjojosh

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 22 October 2003 - 01:27 AM

It's a New Zealand film called "The Quiet Earth."

See details here

#4 GameGuru

GameGuru

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 22 October 2003 - 09:31 PM

Cool I will have to get that on Netflix and see if it is it. Thanks.

#5 GameGuru

GameGuru

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 22 October 2003 - 09:35 PM

Damn Netflix doesn't have it but that does sound like it ...

QUICK SCAN...
This film could be compared to "On the Beach". As the scientist, Bruno Lawrence is sympathetic and believable. Peter Smith brings power and strength to his role as a New Zealand native. The beach and city locations are stunningly photographed. The last image in this movie will stick with you for some time!

SYNOPSIS...
Government scientist Zack wakes up to find that no one else seems to be on Earth, or at least New Zealand. He has fun for awhile, going on a looting spree, but ends up going nearly crazy from loneliness.

Just when he's about to go around the bend, he encounters a pretty woman. They have an affair, but shortly another survivor shows up, a huge native, who takes the girl away from him.

At the end of the picture, Zack drives an explosives truck into his research station, to try to undo the government experiment he was working on that may have caused most people on Earth to disappear. Zack ends up on a beach which may or may not be on the Earth.

#6 camjojosh

camjojosh

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 22 October 2003 - 10:09 PM

Yeah. It's a great film. I am from NZ and remember seeing in in 1985. God I'm getting old. sad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users