• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Johnny Cash

Johnny Cash

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 October 2003 - 11:31 AM

is the Apple-X v3 any good? i cant find much info on this chip.

#2 chefelf

chefelf

Brandishing the Triforce of Modding

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Web Design, Writing, Cycling, Hardware Modification, Building Computers, Music
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 October 2003 - 12:30 PM

Well you're gonna need a lot of info on any modchip you're gonna get (i.e. wiring diagrams, instructions on how to flash the bios, where to get the flashing utility, what features the chip has, etc.). So if you can't find a lot of information on the chip now then I wouldn't pick it up. Get a big name chip like a Xecutor or X-bit. There's tons of information about those chips out there so you won't be left in the dark. It's worth the menail price difference to know you will be able to find information on your chip. These chips don't generally ship with any sort of documentation or instructions whatsoever.

Just my rambling two cents. wink.gif

#3 shank69xo

shank69xo

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • Interests:XBOX360, PC Mods, Titties<br /><br />MuDvAyNe
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 23 October 2003 - 12:57 PM

I use one in my kids box. I have no complaints. There is not really much documentation on it because it is just a cheap mod. 256k BIOS flashable. And it can be disabled by using one button or the other to start the system (Power or Eject). Which button does which is completely up to the chip. I have installed about 10 of them and the disable setup is different on some. Not a bad chip for a cheap price, but if you wanna go all out go for the X2.2 Pro GoodLuck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users