ramzi22

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 October 2003 - 05:38 PM

I have an xbox that is broken. The xbox keeps doin that dumb clock loop so i want to unloack the hdd and fix the corrupted files on it. I can get the pass cause the hdd is broke. I was wondering if there was a master password or if i could put the eeprom in an eeprom reader and figure out the password from that. I was alo wondering if i could lock new a hdd to the xbox without the passwordor if there was a master password for that too.

#2 t0ken

t0ken

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 23 October 2003 - 06:06 PM

The only master password that I know of that works is if you locked your hard drive with config magic. There isn't a master password for any xbox. It uses the hard drive serial number and model number to generate the password, so every hard drive will have a different password and the same hard drive in a different xbox will have a different password.

#3 networkBoy

networkBoy

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 23 October 2003 - 06:34 PM

There are 2 ways to unlock your drive:
http://thunk.netfirm..._locks_work.htm
that link above will explain how locking works and one method to unlock your drive (assumes two identical drives, one of which is unlocked)

The other method: put your eeprom into a known good xbox and ust it to unlock your drive.
-nB

#4 ramzi22

ramzi22

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 October 2003 - 06:46 PM

The xbox is fine it is the hdd. The files are corrupt so i can just put it in a working xbox. Do u no where i can buy a eeprom with a hdd that is locked to it so i can replace that?
Can i put the eeprom in a eeprom reader and find the key to the hdd?

#5 networkBoy

networkBoy

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 23 October 2003 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (ramzi22 @ Oct 23 2003, 08:46 PM)
The xbox is fine it is the hdd. The files are corrupt so i can just put it in a working xbox. Do u no where i can buy a eeprom with a hdd that is locked to it so i can replace that?
Can i put the eeprom in a eeprom reader and find the key to the hdd?

I guess I misinterprated your question. . .
As to puting the eeprom into a reader, sure but I don't know the algorithm to make the HDD key.
-nB

#6 ramzi22

ramzi22

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 October 2003 - 07:12 PM

My hdd is broken so i need a new hdd. TO get a new hdd to work in a xbox u need to lock it. To lock the new hdd i need to no the key to lock it with. I heard the key is IN the eeprom. So can i get the key from the eeprom or is the eeprom protected?

#7 networkBoy

networkBoy

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 23 October 2003 - 07:57 PM

do you have a mod chip?
If so, your drive only needs to be locked when going on Live,
If you don't, it may be time to buy one.

The eeprom is not encrypted as far as I know.
-nB

#8 ramzi22

ramzi22

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 October 2003 - 09:04 PM

Tahnx for the information. No, i dont have a mod chip but i dont want to buy 1 bcause i probably will NEVER find the BIOS and my xbox still mite not work.

#9 catdog2

catdog2

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 24 October 2003 - 04:44 AM

Yes you can just read out the eeprom on a reader, then use liveinfo to open the file and calculate the harddrive password for your drive. I have done this on 3 dead boards and all 3 unlocked ok (I used unlockx because liveinfo only gives you the password - it doesnt lock/unlock).

If you are going to install a new harddrive it would be easier to purchase a modchip.

Goodluck

#10 dcnigma

dcnigma

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • Interests:XBOX-scene ,Dreamcast-scene, mod-scene<br />If you can hack it it interest me

Posted 24 October 2003 - 10:09 PM

the super easy method : find a friend with a modded xbox. load your eeprom to his xbox with config magic (don't forget to backup hiss epprom) insert unlocked hd, lock it. insert in your xbox

don't forget to load your friends eeprom back to his unlocked drive. (you must unlock your friends drive first if you want to do that) so you can boot any time with any harddisk it will boot always when its unlocked

Greetz dcnigma Goodluck

Edited by dcnigma, 24 October 2003 - 10:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users