bcforn64

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 October 2003 - 06:36 PM

I rececently put a 160GB hard drive into my xbox and used slayers version 2.1 to set it up. Unfortionaly I didn't have a LBA-48 bios installed at the time. So I set up a partition G but then decided against it. I would rather have all my available space on one drive. Now my question is this. I flashed my chip with a modified 4977 bios that supports LBA-48, then I rebooted and chose to rebuild large HD. After it was done it was reported that I had 155GB free on drive F. I know everything should have worked out alright but is there any way I could check to see if the partition table on the drive is really set up for the 155GB? I'm worried about data corruption.

#2 nimbulan

nimbulan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 October 2003 - 07:48 PM

You don't have to worry about that, Large block addressing easily supports 160 GB HDD's. If anything had gone wrong you'd know about it by now, and besides that, if something so miniscule did get corrupted and you didn't notice it, there's not a whole hell of a lot you can do about it now, so why worry? I know it sounds odd, but as a good friend once told me...

"There's a certain freedom in knowing that no matter what you do, you're already completely and totally screwed."

#3 bcforn64

bcforn64

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 October 2003 - 08:01 PM

I'm not completely screwed yet, I backed up everything I've done so far. Before I proceed I wanted to double check sort of speak. So far so good tho.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users