6 replies to this topic

#1 pedro

pedro

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 24 October 2003 - 02:11 AM

I am sure many of you have read or heard about the new ps2 FPS, Killzone, due out in 2004. Some have dubbed it 'the halo killer' which I think is a bit bold of a statment reguarding a game which no one has seen more than a few screen shots of.
There is alot of hype behind this game and I was just wondering what your thaughts on it were. I find it hard to believe that this game will be anywehre near as good as it is hyped to be. It doesnt seem natural that a company who has never produced a single game (read that in an article somewhere) could make a game so superior to all other FPS's especially on such an inferior system (not to start a console war so dont start that crap, this isnt about ps2 vs. xbox vs. gamecube its about a new game).
Ive seen some screenshots and they do look far beyond that of any ps2 game I've ever seen.
What are your opinions?

#2 dizturbd

dizturbd

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 October 2003 - 08:02 AM

I have no response to that, but I'd like to say fuck $ony! M$ Rule$!!!

#3 Carbon

Carbon

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts
  • Location:in OZ.. bent over.. taking it up the poop hole with a spoon
  • Interests:CARBON was BORN a FAQ.. and will die a FAG
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 24 October 2003 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE (dizturbd @ Oct 24 2003, 10:02 AM)
I have no response to that, but I'd like to say fuck $ony! M$ Rule$!!!

Thank you for your wonderfully insightful comment.

I'll probably rent it, but I don't imagine it will be the spectacle every PS2 fanboy believes. The ICO style lighting effects are look promising however, but I doubt this will be the Gran Turismo of First Person Shooters.

#4 EGOvoruhk

EGOvoruhk

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 24 October 2003 - 02:53 PM

All I have to say is Halo is an old game. They finished makeing it, in what 1999 (or so) and spent the rest of the time porting it to Xbox. You (a game company) better be making every game shoot to be better than something that set a bar so long ago, if not, than you're stupid.

#5 Carbon

Carbon

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts
  • Location:in OZ.. bent over.. taking it up the poop hole with a spoon
  • Interests:CARBON was BORN a FAQ.. and will die a FAG
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 24 October 2003 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE (EGOvoruhk @ Oct 24 2003, 04:53 PM)
All I have to say is Halo is an old game. They finished makeing it, in what 1999 (or so) and spent the rest of the time porting it to Xbox. You (a game company) better be making every game shoot to be better than something that set a bar so long ago, if not, than you're stupid.

Uh they finished making Halo at the end of 2001.

#6 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,527 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 October 2003 - 12:03 AM

QUOTE (Carbon @ Oct 24 2003, 07:02 PM)

Probably some time in the Summer, early Fall, of 2001. End of 2001, Xbox and Halo were already out.

#7 Hoppy

Hoppy

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 October 2003 - 01:03 AM

QUOTE (Carbon @ Oct 24 2003, 07:02 PM)

Actually it was going to be a Mac game back in 1999.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users