Or is there a way to disable it now??

#2 CanBert

CanBert

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 October 2003 - 12:00 AM

Well let's say I have the friend who let's say is mildly retarded and has no clue how to up a game to his box...I just thought would be cool if I could FTP into his box over net and use the load iso feature to do it for him.

Ripping a game from someone else's box to your PC works fine though, just can't Load ISO to his xbox..soon as it sees ava it goes into boost......never thought to try it with evox, but then I don't think Qwix works with other dash's does it?

(You may be thinking ...well if he can set up FTP to Xbox for me he can't be all that retarded..well it was me at his house setting it up so I could get in...)

Edited by CanBert, 19 October 2003 - 12:02 AM.

#3 ultrabrutal

ultrabrutal

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 October 2003 - 10:30 PM

* avalaunch.xml editor
* option to add "(REGION)" after game names. makes it easier for me to know when to use videomode switcher (which would be nice to have built into avalaunch)
* function to "clean" games to regain hdd space. remove not needed stuff, like the demos part which is on some games.

That's it for now. Thanks for some cool software. Life just got easier

#4 L0RDWolf

L0RDWolf

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 22 October 2003 - 07:18 AM

I don't know if this would be difficult or not, but the ability to transfer my avi's and mp3's through Qwix would be awsome. I like the interface and the Games Manager, but a Software and Multimedia Manager would be sweet too.. just a though..

This program will make me an Avalaunch user.. Great work.. Actually.. it's awsome..

Thanks..

#5 MrZaZ

MrZaZ

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 October 2003 - 12:17 PM

I have tried out Qwix now and is very nice, BUT i miss a feature a lot that is included in "XBOX ISO Transfer 1.0"
and that is the function to extract ISO from RAR and then transfer. Most of the ISOs is stored in RAR format to save space
and I then have to manually extract the ISO to be able to transfer it to the box with Qwix.
With XIT I can just select the RAR-file and it will extract/transfer in one go without further handling.
Due to this missing feature, I rather stick to XIT. But if it is included, I will most probably make Qwix my main
software for handling the XBOX.

Best regards
MrZaZ blink.gif

#6 Knightmare

Knightmare

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 October 2003 - 11:09 PM

I must agree with the xtract ISO from RAR. I would like to keep my apps I use to a minimum. But for now I will be switching between XBOX ISO Transfer 1.0 and Qwix.

Keep up the GREAT work.

#7 stratjakt

stratjakt

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 26 October 2003 - 06:33 PM

Arbitrarily uploading whatever files through boost mode..

It'd be nice to be able to transfer a buttload of roms of mp3s, or an iso thats already extracted, whatever..

#8 DMCII

DMCII

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 October 2003 - 11:46 PM

Some kind of tsr or service running on the server pc would be sweet. Then I can initiate iso creation / extraction from avalaunch file manager itself. Hit the start button on a folder; have an option much like Add to queue - "Create / Extract ISO" Settings for pc configurable in avalaunch.xml.
I'm sure you can see the obvious problem - I'm lazy and I have to get up to touch the PC. wink.gif

#9 menase

menase

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 10:45 PM

it's already been said and ill say it again rar support.. i only use XBOX ISO Transfer 1.0 cuz it has great rar support and nice speeds... if qwix had rar support id undoubtedly start using this instead. i think the xml ediotr would be an easy enough nice feature too.... great work on this app.

#10 Ruxton

Ruxton

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 11:25 PM

Indeed rar support is a great idea i think, also the ability to upload any kind of file and not just iso's would be great, this boost mode makes a big difference to file transfers over my network.

#11 DCunderground

DCunderground

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 11:13 PM

Change the clock icon to correspond with file activity,, eg. make the clock hands turn while transferring,

or just change it to a permanant 4:20 laugh.gif

Great work guys!!!

#12 anomousny

anomousny

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 November 2003 - 06:27 AM

Some requests:

- Please add an option to create a new folder when extracting an ISO.

- Display the tool used for the creation of ISO files (not only for Qwix, but also for other ISO creators if it is possible)

- Add an option to create MenuX multigame-discs (using MXM as default.xbe)

- Add the possibility to transfer folders/files

Edited by anomousny, 01 November 2003 - 06:39 AM.

#13 r0wdy

r0wdy

Avalaunch Team

• Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 02 November 2003 - 03:47 AM

anomousny,

I really don't think that MXM will be our choice for multi disk creation... It will be avalaunch as the multi disk creation. Since this app was developed by a Avalaunch Team member.

thanks
r0wdy
Team Avalaunch

#14 Matty B

Matty B

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 07:52 AM

The ability to browse through games on the pc harddrive....still in iso form and also "un iso'd" that would be good! oh and also...if you do make a new one....if its not to much trouble (no sarcasm here) but let it keep my start tray for Win98SE....id be happy to beta test it on my system laugh.gif

#15 anomousny

anomousny

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 November 2003 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE (r0wdy @ Nov 2 2003, 04:47 AM)
I really don't think that MXM will be our choice for multi disk creation...  It will be avalaunch as the multi disk creation.  Since this app was developed by a Avalaunch Team member.

If you are going to use avalaunch, I would recommend some changes:

- Fix the problem causing crashes when starting games/apps (led turns and stays red)
- Add an option to turn on antialiasing for the fonts
- Add an option to turn off version information, load display, IP and time
- Turn off all the extra featues (FTP, News, Pic of the Day, etc.) by default for multidisk menus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users