3 replies to this topic

#1 Dp1983

Dp1983

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 24 October 2003 - 08:03 PM

I read this once but now I can't find it. What is the proper way to load a boot disk?

Do you eject the tray and place the disk in the tray, and while the tray is open turn the xbox off and then back on? Or do you place it in the tray, close the tray, let it try and load, turn the box off and then back on? Or something like that? If someone could explain.

Thanks.

Edited by Dp1983, 24 October 2003 - 08:04 PM.

#2 itsame

itsame

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 October 2003 - 11:01 PM

I read somewhere to cold boot for best results.

open drive.
place disc.
close drive.
turn off.
turn on.

Or do whatever works for you.

#3 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Music, Computers, Video Games
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 October 2003 - 11:54 PM

Do you mean an evox boot disk? If you mean a boot disk like dreamcast boot disk here are the instructions
1. Obtain boot disk for 50 dollars on ebay
2. Realize your an idiot after everyone on this site tells you to search and you finally find someone who feels bad enough for you to search for you
3. Throw away disc and buy modchip.

You dont sound stupid to me though, so in case your talking about an evox disc, make sure everything on the iso is in order, turn on the xbox and try to boot it straight into the boot. If that doesnt work it may take several restarts until it does.

#4 Dp1983

Dp1983

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 25 October 2003 - 01:09 AM

Yes, an evox boot disk, or Slayers etc, is what I am talking about. Where your booting off the cd and the files aren't actually on the drive yet.

and try to boot it straight into the boot

Could you clarify that? I think I can figure out the method that works for me, but I just want to see what everyone else does. Once I buy my new hard drive I'll figure this all out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users