Photo

NEW! SlaYer's EvoX Auto-Installer V2.5

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1213 replies to this topic

Poll: NEW! SlaYer's EvoX Auto-Installer V2.5 (3365 member(s) have cast votes)

NEW! SlaYer's EvoX Auto-Installer V2.5

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1201 vimfuego666

vimfuego666

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 11:17 AM

the only reason you need a backup of your files is if you have game saves you want to transfer

I did read the instructions. Line 2 in the Pre-Steps says to do the eeprom/bios Backup. What I can't understand is why you are supposed to do the eeprom/bios Backup before reinstalling. What is the use of the five files that Backup gives me?

bios.bin
disk.bin
eeprom.bin
hddinfo.txt
hddkey.bin

As I said none of them where used in the install process, and everything is working anyway, so why do it?

Edited by vimfuego666, 27 August 2004 - 11:18 AM.

#1202 cyberdork33

cyberdork33

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Linux, Space
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 August 2004 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE (vimfuego666 @ Aug 27 2004, 12:20 PM)
What I can't understand is why you are supposed to do the eeprom/bios Backup before reinstalling. What is the use of the five files that Backup gives me?

The same reason your back ANYTHING up... so you have a good copy of it when you need it later cause you screwed something up....

#1203 SS113

SS113

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 28 August 2004 - 01:52 AM

QUOTE (vimfuego666 @ Aug 27 2004, 04:20 AM)
the only reason you need a backup of your files is if you have game saves you want to transfer

I did read the instructions. Line 2 in the Pre-Steps says to do the eeprom/bios Backup. What I can't understand is why you are supposed to do the eeprom/bios Backup before reinstalling. What is the use of the five files that Backup gives me?

bios.bin
disk.bin
eeprom.bin
hddinfo.txt
hddkey.bin

As I said none of them where used in the install process, and everything is working anyway, so why do it?

Lets say something happens to the Xbox and it goes up in smoke or some other ill fate, you have the DVD and HDD out of it and found a new Motherboard, you swap the board and you are up and almost running, why almost because the HDD is lockded to the old Motherboard, with the HDD Key you can unlock the hdd so it can be used with the new motherboard. one reason down, lets say you decide to play around with a new app you just downloaded and it wipes your eeprom out or corrupts it, bingo you have a backup of it.

these are just saftey precausions to help protect you from a sad ending. if you fell you have no need for these then delete them it is not a requirment for you to keep them. Hope this clears this up for you.

SS113

#1204 thebroken

thebroken

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 28 August 2004 - 02:44 AM

SO i got my mod chip in today (a million thanks to SS113 ) I ALREADY READ ALL THE DOCS But am unable to get my version 1.0 xbox with the thompson drive to read the disc i have used using vertiburn dvd+r and im in the xecuter 2.3b plus flash bio menu and it just wont run it i have tried ridata cd-rw and the vertiburn dvd-r with no sucsess i have a ton of coasters basically. Would it work if i put and old cd rom i have and burned the image to a cdr and but it in that drive ? Do you have a list of brands of cds that work the 1.0 xbox with the thompson drive? I have a dvd burner

AS ALQAYS ANY HELP APPRECIATED
theBrokEN

if it is more convient you can contact me on AIM

AIM= thebroken147

#1205 thebroken

thebroken

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 05:15 AM

do i have to create dummy files and if so how? And is there a program

#1206 SS113

SS113

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 03:43 AM

QUOTE (thebroken @ Aug 27 2004, 10:18 PM)
do i have to create dummy files and if so how? And is there a program

No you do not need a dummy file for the installer and DVD-R is the best choice of media, for a common used brand i use CompUSA cheepo's others use Rietek brand, not sure of the spelling of that brand.
as for the thomson there is no best other then DVD-R, after that is pure guess work. what works for some dont work for others seriously.

as for the CD drive no it wont work but a DVD drive will, the Xbox looks for the PIO of a DVD drive and if not found it will frag. you can use any DVD drive from a PC leaving the yellow cable attached to the xbox DVD drive and the IDE cable connected to the PC DVD drive, you will also need a power cable caller a (Y) cable 2 ot 1 for the HDD power to power the HDD and the PC DVD drive then insert the installer in the PC drive and power on the xbox it will now read from the PC drive. there is tut's on this in the Xbox-scene tutorials section.

as for it not seeing the DVD-r is kinda of strange as most all will read them, if you are still trying to flash the mad chip in chromwell then you may need to make a bios disk as the installer dose not always work for this, dont know why it will for some and not for others,

SS113

#1207 thebroken

thebroken

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 03:21 PM

HELP ME my xbox works fine with chip disabled the xecuter lite 2.3b plus but when i turn it on it reboots twice then red light green light are flashing repeditley is there any way i can make this work could it be a bad flash if so how wcan i fix it i have tried bank one and two and the chip turns on (glowS blue) then it FRAG then the chip turns off so i know i have connection on the mobo i have only have put slayers evox disk in an nothing else i didnt flash it either cause it says no bioes found halting. So i dont think i even came close to flashing it please help

any help always appreciated
The BroKEn

Edited by thebroken, 29 August 2004 - 03:26 PM.

#1208 Aluminum Gerbil

Aluminum Gerbil

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 06:48 PM

I just burned this CD using pretty much every way possible and can't get it to boot. When I put it in a computer is it supposed to look blank? I also tried with Firefuckers to the same results. Anyone know what Im doing wrong?

#1209 suko

suko

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 03:42 PM

QUOTE (Aluminum Gerbil @ Aug 29 2004, 07:51 PM)
When I put it in a computer is it supposed to look blank? I also tried with Firefuckers to the same results. Anyone know what Im doing wrong?

It definitely isn't supposed to look blank. What program did you use to burn the iso? I used nero and burned it at a very slow speed of 8x just to make sure no errors occured within the burning, and it worked fine for me.

#1210 conan48

conan48

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 04:51 PM

I just installed the executer 2.3b light + with external switch. I have a bios installed that boots to MS DASH. When I hit disable on the switch it takes me to the original MS DASH (without the xecuter 2 logo).

Now I want to install Slayers Auto Installer and want to be able to boot evox when the chip is enabled and when i set the chip to disabled I want it to still go to the original MS DASH so I can play xbox live.

Will Slayers let me do this? What install options should I use from the menu to let me boot evox when switch is enabled and MS DASH when switch is set to disabled? I've read the tuts but want to make sure I don't mess anything up. Sorry if this has been asked a thousand times before.
thanks

#1211 thebroken

thebroken

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 10:08 PM

I have the same chip and it wont boot the auto installer so you have to do it this way No matter what you flash the chip wiht you are able to go on live as long as the chip is disabled! then load up your flash menu and make a bios cd usin xiso and take the folder out that says bios burn it as a image insert it and ta da you have the slayer bios now just pop in the cd and its go time

the Broken

"giving advice after all the others that gave me it"

#1212 SS113

SS113

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 01:17 AM

QUOTE (conan48 @ Aug 30 2004, 09:54 AM)
I just installed the executer 2.3b light + with external switch. I have a bios installed that boots to MS DASH. When I hit disable on the switch it takes me to the original MS DASH (without the xecuter 2 logo).

Now I want to install Slayers Auto Installer and want to be able to boot evox when the chip is enabled and when i set the chip to disabled I want it to still go to the original MS DASH so I can play xbox live.

Will Slayers let me do this? What install options should I use from the menu to let me boot evox when switch is enabled and MS DASH when switch is set to disabled? I've read the tuts but want to make sure I don't mess anything up. Sorry if this has been asked a thousand times before.
thanks

YES IT WILL read page one (1) of this thread, get the Installer and read the included DOC's before using the disk. This will explain your options and warning before you mess up. If you read the DOCís it will tell you how to burn the disk properly and you can make an educated choice of install that is right for your needs or wants.

SS113

#1213 brahm2

brahm2

Internet Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,003 posts
  • Interests:I'm an EE student at the UofS in Saskatoon. I love guitar and drinking beer.. sometimes both.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 01 September 2004 - 06:31 PM

Just saw this posted on the main page!

>> A new version of the most popular Xbox installer disk has been released:

NEW Installer, NEW Website, NEW Support Forums, oh my :-)

New Features (built on v2.5):
* Includes latest versions of most Xbox homebrew tools and bioses (as of release date)
* Support for >137GB HD's and the G: Drive
* XBOX v1.0 - V1.6 Support through new EvoX M8 v1.6 Bioses (possible future versions too)
* Ability to install EvoX & Apps in F: for Stealth Mode
* Ability to restore the retail Xbox HD to retail mode (even on v1.6)
* Ability to Format the C: E: F: or G: partitions independently
* Latest Stable Media Player XBMP Custom Configured with ShoutCast Radio
* Latest Stable Media Center XBMC Custom Configured with ShoutCast Radio
* Customized X2 & M8 *FC* Bioses that boot "evoXdash.xbe" 1st from F: then from C: with failover to "default.xbe" on DVD and "avadash.xbe" on C:
* Customized X2 & M8 *FC* Bioses that continue support for >137GB HD's
* Ability to flash virtually ANY v1.0-v1.6 XBOX MOD chip with 256K or 1MB
* Ability to flash an X2, X3, Chameleon, Akira or any other 1MB Cromwell(info) based MOD chip with M8 *FC* +137G just by inserting this v2.6 installer disk.
* Ability to restore the v1.0-v1.6 all-compatible M$ dash if necessary
* Docs are now released as locked & encrypted PDF 5.0 for better compatibility
* New installer with a password that makes you visit the website to get it :-)

Software Included (along with the unchanged tools from v2.1):
* EvolutionX(info) Dash v1.8.3935
* XboxMediaPlayer(info) v2.4 CVS 09-24-03 (seems to be fastest & most stable version)
* XboxMediaCenter(info) 8/18/04 CVS (latest release)
* Px-HDD Loader(info) v1.3a
* dvd2xbox(info) v0.5.9
* boXplorer(info) 0.96 G: Patched
* BiosChecker(info) v3.2
* XB-FTP(info) v0.61
* XCommander(info) R2 G: Patched
* Avalaunch(info) 0.49.01 (auto-updatable on-line & can download the Qwix(info) PC ISO Manager)
* xboxdash dvd region free patch disc(info) v1.03
* All the new Bioses including M8 v1.6 for the new v1.6 Xbox only!

We've been silent for a long time but we wanted to have it all ready for you on this release. I am proud to say that it was a great team effort and that all the pieces finally came together. We've also spent a great deal of time in combining what used to be 2 manuals into one and made sure we covered almost every possible question and situation.
We really hope it will help you all.
Please make sure to visit the official website http://slayer.xbox-scene.com for the latest information as well as support.
I wish to express my deepest thanks to my amazing teammates, the IRC OPS & +V's as well as our gracious host, XanTium

Official Site: http://slayer.xbox-scene.com/
Official Forums: http://slayer.xbox-scene.com/forum/
Official IRC Room: random.hax.nu #slayers

biggrin.gif

#1214 SlaYer

SlaYer

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 478 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)