14 replies to this topic

#1 anarchiest

anarchiest

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 24 October 2003 - 11:10 PM

is there a way to play my retail backups on my XBOX DEBUG KIT? by running some program to remove things it checks for? or anyways that does not require opining it?>

thanks

#2 JbOnE

JbOnE

X-S Expert

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 October 2003 - 04:30 AM

it totally irks me when i see ppl with real debug boxes askin questions like this - i'll trade ya a retail box for your debug !! least give it a home where it's appreciated ;P for real - if you gotta post a ??? like that maybe you should just stick with a retail box

#3 sexy_xexy

sexy_xexy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 26 October 2003 - 07:00 AM

i gotta disagree with the last post.. im a new debug user also... im sorry we are newbies at using the debug system.. but we, as well as you are tryin to learn more about xbox.. you ppl must have learnt the same way we are learning right now, and thats through other people.. so i hope someone could answer the questoins we ask so that everyone can learn...

#4 yelin1

yelin1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE (JbOnE @ Oct 25 2003, 06:30 AM)
it totally irks me when i see ppl with real debug boxes askin questions like this - i'll trade ya a retail box for your debug !! least give it a home where it's appreciated ;P for real - if you gotta post a ??? like that maybe you should just stick with a retail box

iamwithstupid.gif
I am also love to know if its possible to play a Retail game on a Devkit Xbox or Debug xbox.

Before I get stupid replies like flamethrower.gif JbOnE's above, the reason I ask this is that I hate having to bring in my Retail Xbox from home all the time when I want to play a game in work with some of my work mates like Fifa for example.

I think it has something to do with the signing of the XBEs, the dev and debug kits will let you test and run unsigned Xbe's but not retail signed ones I guess, so is there a tool to remove the signing?

Edited by yelin1, 28 October 2003 - 04:26 PM.

#5 Scan-C

Scan-C

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 28 October 2003 - 04:45 PM

cxbx let's you sign the xbe as a debug. never tried it but should work

#6 yelin1

yelin1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 04:51 PM

I might give that a try, cheers.

#7 BCfosheezy

BCfosheezy

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 November 2003 - 04:17 AM

QUOTE (yelin1 @ Oct 28 2003, 12:23 PM)
QUOTE (JbOnE @ Oct 25 2003, 06:30 AM)

iamwithstupid.gif
I am also love to know if its possible to play a Retail game on a Devkit Xbox or Debug xbox.

Before I get stupid replies like flamethrower.gif JbOnE's above, the reason I ask this is that I hate having to bring in my Retail Xbox from home all the time when I want to play a game in work with some of my work mates like Fifa for example.

I think it has something to do with the signing of the XBEs, the dev and debug kits will let you test and run unsigned Xbe's but not retail signed ones I guess, so is there a tool to remove the signing?

lol, that wasn't a "stupid reply", he was stating that you n00bs are more willing to spend money... than time learning about what you're doing. You didn't buy a car before you could drive did you? It's the same thing.

JBONE I got your back brother.

#8 JbOnE

JbOnE

X-S Expert

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 November 2003 - 06:12 PM

thx man wink.gif glad someone else saw the point - like BCfosheezy said - if you don't know enough to pass your drivers test - don't get behind the wheel (nice analogy too by the way) that little button up there between "Help" and "Members" would've given you the answer without opening you up to ppl like myself saying "how can you possibly think you're going to do anything constructive with a real dev xbox if you don't even know the basics of it's uses/limitations". to answer your question though - yes you can play "retail" games on a dev box - it's called nodebug.xbe - or - if you really do have a clue on how to use your expensive new toy - you can do a xbreboot -p - either way this will reboot the box without the debug processes resident in memory allowing you to play retail xbe's.

pEAcE
JbOnE

#9 sexy_xexy

sexy_xexy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 03 November 2003 - 01:38 AM

thanks a lot jbone.. just to clarify.. i was handed a xbox dev kit... i didnt buy one..... where do i find this nodebug.xbe your talkin about man... and how much money is this xboxdevkit worth...

thanks

#10 BCfosheezy

BCfosheezy

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 November 2003 - 04:46 AM

well it's worth whatever people will pay for it... if you sell it on xbox-scene... you're looking in the ballpark of 500 dollars. People will tell you that you can get more but it's tough. I was going to get one for a while but I said screw it. I'd trade you a modded retail xbox though smile.gif it has a 40 gig hd and xdk and switches.

#11 yelin1

yelin1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 November 2003 - 10:22 AM

QUOTE (JbOnE @ Nov 1 2003, 08:12 PM)
thx man wink.gif glad someone else saw the point - like BCfosheezy said - if you don't know enough to pass your drivers test - don't get behind the wheel (nice analogy too by the way) that little button up there between "Help" and "Members" would've given you the answer without opening you up to ppl like myself saying "how can you possibly think you're going to do anything constructive with a real dev xbox if you don't even know the basics of it's uses/limitations". to answer your question though - yes you can play "retail" games on a dev box - it's called nodebug.xbe - or - if you really do have a clue on how to use your expensive new toy - you can do a xbreboot -p - either way this will reboot the box without the debug processes resident in memory allowing you to play retail xbe's.

pEAcE
JbOnE

I didn't mean you were stupid, I just meant you posted a "smart" reply.
Anyway thatnks for posting a simple answer to a simple question, except the xbreboot -p doesn't work. I already tried that one. I'll have a look around for that nodebug.xbe and see if that works.

BTW I have my own xbox chipped, but as I said I hate bringing it into work just to play some games.
I work with devkits and debug kits, and I would just love to be able to play the retail games on it, as it would save some hassle.

#12 sexy_xexy

sexy_xexy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 01:23 PM

[/QUOTE]well it's worth whatever people will pay for it... if you sell it on xbox-scene... you're looking in the ballpark of 500 dollars. People will tell you that you can get more but it's tough. I was going to get one for a while but I said screw it. I'd trade you a modded retail xbox though it has a 40 gig hd and xdk and switches. [QUOTE]

BCfoS... geeme a email address where i can reach you in private.. so we can deal

#13 rzyzzy

rzyzzy

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 05 November 2003 - 05:08 PM

I'm looking to swap a modded retail box for a debug, if you have, or know of someone who wants to get rid of a debug kit lmk:
specs on my box:
a version 1.3 with a Samsung DVD drive, Western Digital 120 gig 7200 rpm/8meg cache hard drive, Xecutor 2.2Pro ( header pin install ), EL Wire, Engraved Jewel with a blue cathode, 80mm LED fan, The front still has the plastic on it, it's minty fresh and ready to run with Evox and apps. I'll include brand new ( still in plastic bags) vid and power cables, and a new ( never out of the bag) "S" controller.

picture of the box

#14 sexy_xexy

sexy_xexy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 08 November 2003 - 01:51 AM

im interested.. i got a debug waiting to be swapped.. talk fast, i have a lot of offers.

#15 Doob E Snack

Doob E Snack

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 12:39 AM

wow kid you have a lot to talk about.. anyways these consoles are rare so if you have an advantage to buy one on the spot i would do it then learn.. you are an idot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users