#1 SHiZNO

SHiZNO

X-S Expert

• PipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 25 October 2003 - 12:37 AM

Okay, well as a break from little animals that eat blocks, I've started work on a little 2D fighting game...

I really dont know how 'good' this will turn out, I've got a whole new respect for fighting games now tho, theyre not easy....at all....blah.

Im hoping for something that resembles Street Fighter 2, nothing fancing, no 'real' combos, no air combos...just good old punch, flying kick, hadou-ken.

As for characters, dont know, dont care as of yet. So far, all Im using is two stick figures... (no, they wont be stick figures at the end...

annnnnd progress so far: basic movement, jumps, punch, kick....and even fireballs...

Still to do:

1: Air attacks
2: blocks
3: some sort of special move implementation (the hard part, buttom combinations, where the sprite IS on the screen, where it needs to go, when its attacking etc)
4:stage movement + destructable objects probably
5: falling over (when hit a few times etc)
6: menus, character select
7: bonus levels, neeeeeeed a car smash stage damnit
8: tag team action (maybe four players) but dont hold your breath as of yet...

BONUS: if the gods allow it, ill do my best to make a way to insert new characters you create...but as of yet im not focusing on this, we'll see when it comes time...

anyway, we'll just have to see how good this turns out, all in all its a good learning proccess,sooo...its all good.

#2 UberJim

UberJim

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 October 2003 - 01:50 AM

Sounds good, though I don't like your idea about when to get knocked down, getting knocked down should depend on the attack, or they should get knocked down for a KO. Also, simple combos shouldn't be too difficult implement. Note: This isn't real code, just something put up for an idea.
CODE

if(b=pressed)
{
punch
if(b=pressed within 12 cycles)
{
 punch2
}
else
fight()
}

Edit: I was just reading over my post and I may have come off a little differently than I wanted to, so good luck, and make it however you want, it is your project. I'm looking forward to it.

Edited by UberJim, 25 October 2003 - 01:57 AM.

#3 SHiZNO

SHiZNO

X-S Expert

• PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 25 October 2003 - 02:29 AM

i want the fallover to be like SF2 (eg, in air, or a hard hit will knock you (or trip)). while the light hits wont...

oh ill have to put in 'dizzy' status too

#4 Wishi

Wishi

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 25 October 2003 - 05:39 PM

One way to manage button combinations is to maintain some kind of buffer which is added to when the input is checked containing (just for example): ABXX and for holding down buttons for longer periods of time you could just check if the button was previously pressed and fill the buffer like LA--BX (Left, A held, B, X) and then compare it to your list of attacks.

Or something similar.

#5 SHiZNO

SHiZNO

X-S Expert

• PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 26 October 2003 - 12:12 AM

yeah, thats what i was thinking, but id need to pop old buttons off the end after a second (because you could say push down...wait 2 seconds...left...wait...punch and itd work...cant have that!

dont know how the fuck ill do that tho, might have to make two buffers, one for 'time' pushed and one for the button?

#6 Odb718

Odb718

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 October 2003 - 02:23 AM

Sounds real interesting.
Is it just two characters for now?

0 user(s) are reading this topic