3 replies to this topic

#1 loffler

loffler

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 October 2003 - 01:44 AM

I have a 1.2 NTSC box with chameleon 1.3 mod and 100GB HHD.
I used the pogo adaptor to install and was working OK. Every week or so it would come misaligned and I would have to take it apart.
I got fed up with this and decided to change to pin header install.
To cut a long story short, I ruined the tracks and now wont boot.
The way I see it, I have 2 options: Get a new box and try again or just get a new motherboard.

My question is can I get any motherboard and have it boot OK with existing drive etc. and will a different version MB physically fit into a 1.2 case?
BTW my drive wasnt locked and was running tru blu dashboard hack.
Thanks

#2 tweaqr

tweaqr

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 26 October 2003 - 03:42 AM

yes any version will fit in the case.

#3 alexh

alexh

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 26 October 2003 - 08:54 AM

QUOTE (loffler @ Oct 26 2003, 03:44 AM)
To cut a long story short, I ruined the tracks and now wont boot. The way I see it, I have 2 options: Get a new box and try again or just get a new motherboard.

Or a third, get someone who is more experienced at soldering to try and fix it. As long as you have only destroyed the tracks on the top layer of the PCB and no internal layers then it will probably be easy to fix.

Try someone who is a TV repair man, or electronics engineer. Insist that they practice first on some spare PCB (old TV, broken stereo etc.)

Using a multimeter you can find out where the broken tracks went and create a bridge with wires. If you are lucky they will lead to a solder pad or VIA (hole in the PCB) and bridging will be easy.

Send in some photo's of which tracks you broke and perhaps we can advise where to bridge?

Cheapest option.

Later

Alex

#4 black_light

black_light

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 26 October 2003 - 03:09 PM

if you broker traces just trying a header pin install then i would DEFINATLY get a professional installer. try www.massmods.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users