5 replies to this topic

#1 Chain

Chain

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 November 2002 - 03:39 PM

Hi ya,

Now that might sound like a strange thing to ask but I have not really seen any Good/Bad points about flashign the onboard TSOP..

I have a Messiah MX chip installed (11 Wires).. Sadly this doesn't allow me to add a larger Hdd unit.

So I am tempted to reflash the onboard Bios and then add a larger Hdd then removing the Messiah Mx.

Any reason why I shouldn't?

Is there a way of backing up the onboard TSOP before flashing it?

Really loving the Divx and Emu's on this baby at the mo.. Gosh why did I wait so long??

wink.gif

#2 Scan-C

Scan-C

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 08 November 2002 - 10:27 PM

read the tutorials twice and be sure that you understand anything.then there is no point why you shouldn't do it.

#3 Chain

Chain

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 November 2002 - 04:39 PM

Well took the little beast apart again yesterday and finally got the nerve up to flash the TSOP.. Got to say if your happy to try it, and know what your doing (esp what could go wrong) then go for it.

Now very happy and awaiting the arrival of my spanking new hdd 120gb to go in it.

I know lots of people go on and on about doing it for piracy, but to be honest if anyone wants to do that they're going to buy a PS2 (more games etc). Although I understand some people will just pirate anything..

Me I'm happy playing Movies and Emu's on my swanky widescreen telly.

If I want games I'll buy some for X,y,z console.. Not going to tie up nice new baby.. smile.gif

Thanks to everyone that has replied and helped me along the way, All the info is here but you need to read very carefully, as a lot is hidden away.

For those still wondering, yes you can just swicth the power lines to the Messiah-X once t has booted up (A & C).

Cheers once again..

Now where did I put that emu cd.. hubba hubba

#4 Dark Schneider

Dark Schneider

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 10 November 2002 - 12:19 AM

Flash the onboard BIOS and pray to whateve diety it is that you never ever need the original BIOS for anything in the future.

Or buy a full BIOS replacement chip and skip all the bullshit and headaches.

#5 Scan-C

Scan-C

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 10 November 2002 - 01:04 AM

if he needs the original bios he can reflash it and the problem is gone biggrin.gif
then its time enough to get a full replacement with on/off switch

#6 Chain

Chain

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 November 2002 - 02:14 PM

Indeed I have left the option open to reflash the BIOS back to the normal one so no worries.. I also have the option of sticking a MessiahX or whatever back in again.. So shouldn't be a problem.. To be honest the chances of me wanting to play a game are very slim indeed anyway so.. No worries.

Once again thanks to all the people who pass on their information, big thanks to the Xbox-Scene guys and everyone else who puts up with the same questions over and over again.

smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users