4 replies to this topic

#1 burt brutal

burt brutal

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 06:28 PM

I have done a search on my inquiry first but came up with only moving download content from a non live xbox etc, so it doesn't really answer my question which is:

With a modded xbox can you still backup the Retail download content games to the HDD?
And if so, having a Live account, can you get those downloads with the backed up copy?
Are there risks to doing this or does it need to be the Retail copy as is the case for the Live games?

By the way, I now only connect the RJ45 cable to the xbox when I actually want to go on Live...and with chip off of coarse.

Thanks as always!

#2 Arakon

Arakon

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 07:25 PM

downloading content on live or playing on live is the same thing for the eprom ban.. you get banned once you connect if you use a mod bios, which you have to do for using backed up games..

#3 burt brutal

burt brutal

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 07:42 PM

OK so then I can't copy my retail copy of Hunter the Redeemer this week when it comes out due to the download content feature correct?

And can it not be copied to the harddrive and just NOT ever connect to live, meaning don't have your network cable plugged into the xbox when playing DL content games?
Just a thought?

#4 ...ranma

...ranma

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 12:05 PM

You can play it off the HD all you want... Just when you want to actually download content, you have to use the original disk and boot with the modchip turned off... once the content is downloaded, you can play it on your HD copy of the game... At least that's how it's been in my experiance.

#5 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,527 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 October 2003 - 07:36 PM

You can play the game off your Xbox HD. Just do not access Live with the game.

You can use the original to get the content, and then go back to the backup and use the content in the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users