5 replies to this topic

#1 speciestraitor

speciestraitor

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 06:48 PM

I was wondering how the slayers TSOP flash works.

My plan is to take out my xbit, put in a friends machine temporarily, run slayers, flash his tsop, take out the xbit, run slayers, instll evox and then some...

is this possible? is it this easy?

#2 san9jay

san9jay

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 08:14 PM

you still need to write enable your tsop so I dont see the point of moving your chip onto your friends machine.

I have used the 007 trick to load evox and flash a number of tsop's and you dont need the chip to be installed at all. You can use the chip as a fallback just in case you screw up during the flash process and your xbox does not boot.

#3 WhatsAModchip?

WhatsAModchip?

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE (speciestraitor @ Oct 27 2003, 08:48 PM)

My plan is to take out my xbit, put in a friends machine temporarily, run slayers, flash his tsop, take out the xbit, run slayers, instll evox and then some...

is this possible? is it this easy?

no it wont work, because when you flash it it will flash your lpcs, not your onboard TSOP, if you want i can flash your tsop for cheap. pm me if interested.

#4 venturahighway

venturahighway

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE (WhatsAModchip? @ Oct 27 2003, 10:20 PM)
QUOTE (speciestraitor @ Oct 27 2003, 08:48 PM)

is this possible?  is it this easy?

no it wont work, because when you flash it it will flash your lpcs, not your onboard TSOP, if you want i can flash your tsop for cheap. pm me if interested.

WhatsAModchip?, we told you how to do it, why don't you just tell him?

this forum is to teach and help.

speciestraitor: if you boot from a an lpc modchip it disables the TSOP and you can't flash it. there is away to do it but the 007 or MA methods are much easier. the TSOP flash in slayer's (evox) is usually for people who are already booting from a hacked bios in their tsop and want to update.

you have to get the hacked gamesave on to a memcard to get it into the unhacked box. if you don't have a memcard you could use your xbit to establish an FTP and get it in there that way. then remove the xbit, boot retail and run 007 or MA.

Edited by venturahighway, 27 October 2003 - 08:58 PM.

#5 Scan-C

Scan-C

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 27 October 2003 - 09:43 PM

you could boot with the d.6 tsop bios from the xbit and then flash the tsop. did one machine that way and works great

#6 WhatsAModchip?

WhatsAModchip?

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 10:07 PM

woops, i forgot about that, thanks for tellin him! (not sarcastic, i actually did that once)

Edited by WhatsAModchip?, 27 October 2003 - 10:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users