8 replies to this topic

#1 XMAN0024

XMAN0024

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 05:58 PM

this is not about what bios I should use.
I am getting an xbit in the mail soon so I just had a couple questions..

what is the wire install for I thought it was solderless. not that I have a problem with soldering just want to knwo what the number 4 blue wire is for the one that goes on the D0..

I just want o know how are all the noobies suppose to know what bank to install it in etc....?.?.?.?.?

and for the dashboard I have no idea about the dashboard I just hear people install it I dont see any tutorials on it what it is used for and all that...

#2 clarke1866

clarke1866

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 28 October 2003 - 07:19 PM

Check out the tutorials section on this site.

#3 slyguy

slyguy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 08:06 PM

I plan on getting the XBIT mod chip I no its not pre flashed at there website they have the software to flash the BIOS (at least I think it is ) my question is what kind of BIOS is it and once I flash the BIOS do I have to do anything else like download Evox-dashboard thanks for your help wink.gif

#4 chefelf

chefelf

Brandishing the Triforce of Modding

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Web Design, Writing, Cycling, Hardware Modification, Building Computers, Music
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 October 2003 - 08:30 PM

You have to use the X-Flash software provided on the X-bit website to flash this particular chip. The software is still in its infant stages so you may have trouble running it on your computer. The software does not come with any BIOS files. You need to get them on your own.

As for the wire install, check the X-bit website, all the documentation and tutorials are there for whatever installation method you want to use.

Read the pinned topics in this forum, they will tell you almost everything you need to know.

Edited by chefelf, 28 October 2003 - 08:31 PM.

#5 gadgetaddict

gadgetaddict

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 30 October 2003 - 01:51 PM

okay - i try to help give advise as i received advise as a newbie as well - but you have to do your homework! read up, dammit!
once you have your act together, your best bet is to install COLORED bioses - get the M7 and 4977, then color them with xbtools, and THEN flash the colored installs into banks on the xbit.
while you're at it, do a search, burn a slayer's cdrw, and you'll be all set
and because you don't seem to read the tutorials, you should find out what drive you have, and burn on the appropriate media.
sheesh!

#6 clarke1866

clarke1866

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 October 2003 - 03:20 PM

I've been looking for that media list for awhile, can you point me to where its hiding? Media seems to be the last cloudy part of the puzzle.

Clarke

#7 gadgetaddict

gadgetaddict

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 30 October 2003 - 05:22 PM

i did a search for "best media" (without the quotes) and got this:
http://forums.xbox-s...7&hl=best media
also, i think i previously searched "thomson media" for my thomson drive - possibly also things like slayer's, etc.
i had great results with the imation 4x cdrw (i bought it just for slayer's install) and i bought other cdrw's as well, but as the install worked first shot, i didn't need the rest.

#8 moistness

moistness

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 30 October 2003 - 05:23 PM

congrats by the way gadget!! beerchug.gif

Edited by moistness, 30 October 2003 - 05:24 PM.

#9 gadgetaddict

gadgetaddict

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 30 October 2003 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE (moistness @ Oct 30 2003, 07:23 PM)
congrats by the way gadget!! beerchug.gif

thanks, you too! would much rather have won a chameleon, but hey, a free matrix is better than nuthin! smile.gif

Edited by gadgetaddict, 30 October 2003 - 08:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users