Photo

Slayers 2.5 - Non Of The Apps Work, Why?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Betax

Betax

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 09:00 PM

its so sad i cant get the programs and apps to work i hawe tryed every thing... i use the new releas evolution-x 2.5 auto installer cd i got a retail hdd ( the original 8gb hdd) when i install ore rebuild a new retail hd the evolution-x installs corect but when i try to start some of the apps ore programs like game managment they frezze in the folowing screen wher u can see the evolution-x logo.... i dont know what to do sad.gif i want it to work so bad but it wont plz plz plz help

sorry my english

#2 SlaYer

SlaYer

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 478 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 October 2003 - 11:58 PM

QUOTE (Betax @ Oct 28 2003, 10:00 PM)
its so sad i cant get the programs and apps to work i hawe tryed every thing... i use the new releas evolution-x 2.5 auto installer cd i got a retail hdd ( the original 8gb hdd) when i install ore rebuild a new retail hd the evolution-x installs corect but when i try to start some of the apps ore programs like game managment they frezze in the folowing screen wher u can see the evolution-x logo.... i dont know what to do sad.gif i want it to work so bad but it wont plz plz plz help

sorry my english

You are running an OLD bios. Upgrade your bios/mod chip and run the X2 4977 or newer and all will work.

Oh, yeah, next time please post your installer questions in the installer thread, this group is getting really messy.

#3 Betax

Betax

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 05:41 AM

QUOTE (SlaYer @ Oct 29 2003, 01:58 AM)
QUOTE (Betax @ Oct 28 2003, 10:00 PM)
its so sad i cant get the programs and apps to work i hawe tryed every thing... i use the new releas evolution-x 2.5 auto installer cd i got a retail hdd ( the original 8gb hdd) when i install ore rebuild a new retail hd the evolution-x installs corect but when i try to start some of the apps ore programs like game managment they frezze in the folowing screen wher u can see the evolution-x logo.... i dont know what to do  sad.gif  i want it to work so bad but it wont plz plz plz help

sorry my english

You are running an OLD bios. Upgrade your bios/mod chip and run the X2 4977 or newer and all will work.

Oh, yeah, next time please post your installer questions in the installer thread, this group is getting really messy.

sorry about that i will.. but thx for the help i will try it out, btw very nice program

#4 Praga

Praga

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 07:38 AM

I'm having the same issue. None of the apps are working, they all hang the the loading splash.

Last night I installed 2.5 and had no problems. I think I watched a couple movies in XBMP after the install, but I forget if I did that before or after. Today I went and picked up a 160 GB Seagate Barracuda and installed it. The jumper was set to CS. I booted up the Slayer CD and flashed the BIOS to the new executor 137GB+ one (1MB). I did the full format for large HDDs then a full install for large HDDs (5-1 if I remember correctly). I then tweaked the XBMP's config.xml setting my resolution to option 3 and pointed it to the needed shares on my server. All apps hang. I reinstalled once, same prob. Thinking I may have a media problem, I burned a new CDRW, formatted, and did it all over....no help. I then extracted the ISO to a PC across the LAN, reformatted again, then FTP'd everything over which yeilded the same results.

I'm in the Slayer channel now and one of the OPs (Scotsman) suggested that I set the HDD jumper to Master. I did that and that alone didn't get it. Im currently reloading it all again off the CDRW. Nope, still hangs. I'm going to try to flash the EvoX 137 GB Bios and see what happens...nope no good there either.

Any ideas?

UPDATE I just popped the stock 8 GB HDD back in after concern from Scotsman about a possible bad chip. It works fine. Maybe my new HDD's DOA. My brain hurts, I quit for the night.

Edited by Praga, 29 October 2003 - 08:18 AM.

#5 tygloalex

tygloalex

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 04:33 PM

This was kinda weird, but it happened to me. I installed 2.5 and then everything was fine. Later, all my apps were listed, but not accessible. I re-installed and everything is OK again.

#6 Praga

Praga

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 05:48 PM

This was kinda weird, but it happened to me. I installed 2.5 and then everything was fine. Later, all my apps were listed, but not accessible. I re-installed and everything is OK again.

That sounds somewhat similar, tygloalex, but not exactly. My problem seems to revolve around the large HDD, no amount of reinstalling has made anything differant. 2.5 run on the stock 8 GB drive works great though. Go figure. Maybe I need to put the new drive in a PC and run a low level scandisk. Naa, I'll just return it and try a differant brand.

#7 marco2002

marco2002

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 07:07 PM

I've got the same problem with a retail 10gb with a flash TSOP - using Slayer 2.5 BIOS.

Not fixed yet.

#8 Betax

Betax

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 November 2003 - 09:49 AM

slayer plz help us we cant get it to work, i updated my bios via ozflash to the 4977 but it dident help sayer still says bios: unknown but the kermal is changeld to 4977, so i gues its updated but i still cant enter the apps... what is my problem, what can i do??

i cud not flash bios from slayer cd becaus my alladin advance is protected and i need programs like ozflash to do it..

#9 SS113

SS113

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 01 November 2003 - 04:41 PM

APPS NOT LOADING

This is a common problem with media reading or the M$ dash not installed or corrupt.

I will explain. using the retail or large HDD if you chose rebuild the drive will be formatted and everything will be copied to the HDD including a 4920 Live MS dash. Now this is where a problem with media comes in, If the media is questionable and seams to look good even when viewed through FTP does not mean the DVD drive in the Xbox will read it correctly and the results are missing files or corrupt files as only part of the file was transferred. Since there is no verify in the copy process there is no way to confirm this is the problem, with that said there is something you can do to see if the Ms Dash is working.
1st if the chip can be turned off see if it will boot retail standard MS dash. If it does then the dash is not the problem but lets continue with this further, if the dash does not load this is the problem and there is a couple of thing to try, first in the install use the install 4920 MS dash any HDD option. This will restore just the MS dash. if the media is good then the dash will be copied right and the Xbox will boot retail when chip is off, If it does boot retail turn on the chip and check your apps and they should now work.
2nd if the chip cant be turned off you can go to the system management then MS dash from there and the MS dash should load, If it does not load again this is where the problem is. Following the above repair will if the media is good will correct this if it does then the apps should now work also.

If the install just MS dash does not work then look at the media not being good, it was burned properly as the way it was burned but either the media is of poor quality, Used Media, or your Xbox just don't like it. Either way burn the ISO as slow as you can and use NERO 6 the link is in the Doc's with pictures as to what to set it too. If using DVD-R or CD-RW finalize the disk and disk at once options will give a correct burn. if you have a Thomson DVD drive this is not uncommon of a problem if you have a Phillips or Samsung drive this is not common unless you are using used media or formatted media. Using CD-RW media use it right out of the package and burn the ISO to it DO NOT format or prep the media in any way.

SS113

#10 Betax

Betax

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 November 2003 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE (SS113 @ Nov 1 2003, 06:41 PM)
APPS NOT LOADING

This is a common problem with media reading or the M$ dash not installed or corrupt.

I will explain. using the retail or large HDD if you chose rebuild the drive will be formatted and everything will be copied to the HDD including a 4920 Live MS dash. Now this is where a problem with media comes in, If the media is questionable and seams to look good even when viewed through FTP does not mean the DVD drive in the Xbox will read it correctly and the results are missing files or corrupt files as only part of the file was transferred. Since there is no verify in the copy process there is no way to confirm this is the problem, with that said there is something you can do to see if the Ms Dash is working.
1st if the chip can be turned off see if it will boot retail standard MS dash. If it does then the dash is not the problem but lets continue with this further, if the dash does not load this is the problem and there is a couple of thing to try, first in the install use the install 4920 MS dash any HDD option. This will restore just the MS dash. if the media is good then the dash will be copied right and the Xbox will boot retail when chip is off, If it does boot retail turn on the chip and check your apps and they should now work.
2nd if the chip cant be turned off you can go to the system management then MS dash from there and the MS dash should load, If it does not load again this is where the problem is. Following the above repair will if the media is good will correct this if it does then the apps should now work also.

If the install just MS dash does not work then look at the media not being good, it was burned properly as the way it was burned but either the media is of poor quality, Used Media, or your Xbox just don't like it. Either way burn the ISO as slow as you can and use NERO 6 the link is in the Doc's with pictures as to what to set it too. If using DVD-R or CD-RW finalize the disk and disk at once options will give a correct burn. if you have a Thomson DVD drive this is not uncommon of a problem if you have a Phillips or Samsung drive this is not common unless you are using used media or formatted media. Using CD-RW media use it right out of the package and burn the ISO to it DO NOT format or prep the media in any way.

SS113

wow thx for trying to help.... i think my problem must the dashboard then...

i got a alladin advance a posible turn off chip... if the chip is turned off it corectly enters the M$ dashboard but using slayer evolution wher the chip is on i can not enter the dashboard from the slayer menu... i got lots of fuji cd-rw and 3 kinde of dvd+rw i hawe burned on them all befor and dont hawe clean cd's i can try to install the dashboard again hope it works, i was thinking if i go over to my friend and just copy the retail hdd u know all the drivers C,E and f, then it shud work right??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users