• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 d3vst3r

d3vst3r

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 October 2003 - 09:00 AM

Perhaps this has been asked before, but i need a little help, and after scouring many online resources i have been unable to come up with an answer.

Ok, I have a rather dodgey, 25 wire modchip attached to my box, which boots evox from the hard drive. I have used the bios check program to see what bios i am running, and it says it is the EnigmahX TitanX bios (even though evox reports it as a matrix chip). The problem is, i need to run a different bios to utilize the additional features, but i do not know how to do it.

I understand there is no way to flash the bios on a titanX enigmahX mod, and as a result i was thinking about the phoenix bios loader trick. I have loaded the phoenix bios loader which runs, but doesn't boot from the bios i have. It just sits there on a black screen, with the led flashing green and orange. When i restart nothing seems to have changed. Unfortunately i cannot follow the guide in the tutorials section because i do not have a switch to turn off my modchip.

Could i create a bios boot cd, like mentioned in the tutorials, or are they intended for flashing mods, and not the actual xbox eeprom. I dont thing the enigmah support flashing anyway? perhaps i'm wrong.

Is there any way to load a particular bios, flash my existing mods bios, or just generally utilize one of the executor bios's. A step by step guide would be really usefull.

Edited by d3vst3r, 30 October 2003 - 09:06 AM.

#2 d3vst3r

d3vst3r

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 October 2003 - 07:36 AM

I could really do with some help on this one guys, or i'm gonna have to buy a new mod.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users