3 replies to this topic

#1 T_Montana

T_Montana

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 30 October 2003 - 02:59 PM

So I am trying to get my xbox controller to work on my pc.I put it together and plugged it in.The window came up "windows has found new hardware..."So I searched for drivers but I didn't have any.I then downloaded some drivers.The problem is I can't get the window to come up "windows has found new hardware".How do I get that window to come up or how can I get my pc to search for drivers?

#2 chefelf

chefelf

Brandishing the Triforce of Modding

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Web Design, Writing, Cycling, Hardware Modification, Building Computers, Music
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 October 2003 - 03:19 PM

Right Click on "My computer" Then go to Properties//Device Manager and find the joystick in "Human Interface Devices".

That's for Windows XP.

98 has a different method. You need to go to Control Panel//System I believe to access the device manager.

#3 gr8fuldea

gr8fuldea

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 30 October 2003 - 03:20 PM

You'll need to go into Device Manager on the PC and delete the Unkown Hardware (it should be unknown since you didn't install any drivers when it found it) that will have a question mark beside it (?) in big yellow. Next time you reboot with it plugged in it will again find the device and you can direct it to the drivers. Or you can just go to the Unknown Device in Device Manager and look at it's properties then tell it to Update Drivers and direct it to the drivers. Your choice, either will accomplish the same thing.

Damn! Beat by seconds biggrin.gif

Edited by gr8fuldea, 30 October 2003 - 03:20 PM.

#4 T_Montana

T_Montana

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 30 October 2003 - 03:26 PM

thanks guys worked like a charm beerchug.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users