X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Interests:Xbox mods... and my family.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 October 2003 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE (indecisve @ Oct 31 2003, 02:11 PM)
QUOTE (Rileq @ Oct 31 2003, 08:45 AM)
Yea, career mode works perfectly fine.

I've NEVER had ONE issue when using DVD2Xbox or FTPing straight from DVD drive to my computer, iso with Craxtion, and burn. Are all Xboxes different or something?

You guys do realise that the "warez" verison of this game in debug mode..... And then this guy says its all fine with normal patching...

Now go and smell the coffee.

You know, I never even though about these users grabbing the warez version. If that's true, then I apologize, but I don't care to help you.

GO BUY THE GAMES! All 3 are worth your money. The only games I've had any sort of problem with are games 4.7+ GB. Otherwise, everything backs up as normal using the correct tools.

#33 nezff

nezff

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts
  • Interests:gaming, gaming o and gaming
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 31 October 2003 - 04:06 PM

anyone have tony hawk underground working of the xbox hdd? what app did u use to back it up.

#34 indecisve

indecisve

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 31 October 2003 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE (Rileq @ Oct 31 2003, 05:58 PM)
QUOTE (indecisve @ Oct 31 2003, 02:11 PM)
QUOTE (Rileq @ Oct 31 2003, 08:45 AM)
Yea, career mode works perfectly fine.

I've NEVER had ONE issue when using DVD2Xbox or FTPing straight from DVD drive to my computer, iso with Craxtion, and burn. Are all Xboxes different or something?

You guys do realise that the "warez" verison of this game in debug mode..... And then this guy says its all fine with normal patching...

Now go and smell the coffee.

You know, I never even though about these users grabbing the warez version. If that's true, then I apologize, but I don't care to help you.

GO BUY THE GAMES! All 3 are worth your money. The only games I've had any sort of problem with are games 4.7+ GB. Otherwise, everything backs up as normal using the correct tools.

Reliq can u confirm u did nothing to amped 2 whatsoever for me please.... and answer my pm. Im interested to see if this protection is wild on retail versions. Im not from the US so I cant pick up the game myself.

Edited by indecisve, 31 October 2003 - 04:15 PM.

#35 feflicker

feflicker

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 31 October 2003 - 05:48 PM

Well, my retail copy didn't work, and dexbe says it is in "debug" mode, but when dexbe sets it to retail it still doesn't work... (Which doesn't suprise me since dexbe has proven to not always be the most reliable tool... It sometimes reports things incorrectly)

Before you start your surmon next time get all the facts straight! dry.gif

My suspicions on the other problems are that old bioses are not handling the games properly, even when they are patched?

#36 akillamuthafucca

akillamuthafucca

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 31 October 2003 - 05:52 PM

Wtf man damn no career mode when backing up to hdd damn that sucks
crimson skies works fine but I want to play career in amped whats the fix?

#37 feflicker

feflicker

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 31 October 2003 - 05:54 PM

Read above akillamuthafucca. You have to use a hex editor to search and replace a hex key in the default.xbe.

(See how I help, regardless of where you may/may not have acquired the game...) jester.gif

Edited by feflicker, 31 October 2003 - 05:55 PM.

#38 LepPpeR

LepPpeR

Author of Craxtion

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,388 posts

Posted 31 October 2003 - 06:41 PM

so the retail game is reported in DEXBE as in Debug Mode?

#39 feflicker

feflicker

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 31 October 2003 - 06:57 PM

Yeah, but like I said, dexbe isn't always the most reliable tool, that is why I patched it with XBEPatch as well. Didn't seem to change anything wink.gif

Dexbe reports half of Xports emu's as Debug when they are actually retail as well huh.gif

#40 LepPpeR

LepPpeR

Author of Craxtion

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,388 posts

Posted 31 October 2003 - 06:58 PM

I will have to find out for myself. I will let you know. Time to whip out my documentation.

#41 feflicker

feflicker

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 31 October 2003 - 07:37 PM

Cool.

And the NFL Fever 2004 patch looks very similar. That wasn't released in debug mode, right?

#42 indecisve

indecisve

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 31 October 2003 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE (LepPpeR @ Oct 31 2003, 08:41 PM)
so the retail game is reported in DEXBE as in Debug Mode?

Doesnt matter.... dexbe doesnt know crap. learn about xbox patching for more explaination.

#43 Scrimpy

Scrimpy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 31 October 2003 - 08:12 PM

Just thought I'd let you guys know what I found out.

First off, I'd been using xISO and FTP'ing my data to my computer to create images and hadn't had a problem until amped2. I just took your advice and used Craxtion (without doing the manual hex edit) and the game works fine. Loads into career mode no problem. I'm using the EvoX M7 Bios and the Latest Evolution Dash on my v1.3 xbox with the TSOP flashed (no mod chip).

Craxtion only found 1 out of 2 keys it could change but that seemed to do the trick.

Hope this helps,

Scrimpy laugh.gif

PS - I burned THUG using xISO with no patches to the game and it worked fine in my xbox. I DID have to create a career profile on the HD (just using the ingame interface). Everytime I went into career mode it would give me the "dirty disc" error. As soon as I created a profile it just started working. I have yet to try Crimson Skies

Edited by Scrimpy, 31 October 2003 - 08:15 PM.

#44 indecisve

indecisve

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 31 October 2003 - 08:16 PM

So you did nothing like said in this thread Scrimpy and it worked all modes including career?

If so pm me .. I need your help.

The problem is ... they maybe "More" protection for some modchip users. I want to see what fact or isnt. Im not from the US so i cant do it myself.

#45 Scrimpy

Scrimpy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 31 October 2003 - 08:18 PM

I DID use Craxtion to patch my default.xbe, but that was all I did. I didn't use Hex Workshop to manually find the keys and replace them as mentioned above.

My first ISO was done using xISO and I was getting the "dirty disc" error. The 2nd ISO I made in Craxtion 2.4, patched it via Craxtion and it worked fine. So I did do something different than the first time i made the ISO.

Scrimpy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users