X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,395 posts
  • Interests:my girfriend, then the xbox<br />and yes, it is in that order
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 October 2003 - 06:05 AM

hey there, i was intersested to see if any1 has downloaded any stuff for games like Ghost Recon. i might be getting xbox live, and wanted to know what sortta stuf u can download. can any fill me in on this?
thanks, heap
thanks heaps

#2 dava_bran

dava_bran

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Interests:xbox, drinking, beating off, smoking, and sleeping. (note these are in no peticular order).
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 31 October 2003 - 07:36 AM

usually download content is new maps weapons ,mechs(mechassult), other cool stuff

#3 T0kEnHeRb

T0kEnHeRb

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 08:48 PM

So for those of us who don't have XBox Live, where can we get updates? I saw the pinned post that the Xbox Live downloads can't be transferred to another xbox. Thats kind of hard to believe though. They've hacked pretty much everything else so why not the updates?

When you download the new levels and mechs for games like Mech Assualt does it allow to use though new downloads for a system link game? If so, what happens when you try to play against some one who doesn't have the updates? Has anyone tried this?

#4 dava_bran

dava_bran

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Interests:xbox, drinking, beating off, smoking, and sleeping. (note these are in no peticular order).

Posted 03 November 2003 - 09:28 PM

yea with mechassult u can use the new mechs with system link and play against people who dont have live or any updates

#5 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,527 posts

Posted 03 November 2003 - 09:32 PM

So for those of us who don't have XBox Live, where can we get updates? I saw the pinned post that the Xbox Live downloads can't be transferred to another xbox. Thats kind of hard to believe though. They've hacked pretty much everything else so why not the updates?

It has been tested a lot, and they can not be hacked.

#6 ferrari_rulz_02

ferrari_rulz_02

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,395 posts
  • Interests:my girfriend, then the xbox<br />and yes, it is in that order
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 08 November 2003 - 09:48 AM

hey there, does any 1 know how large the extra content that you can downlaod is?

#7 Supps

Supps

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 05:49 PM

Im sure this has already been tried, but I wanted to bring it up anyway.

Is it possible that the xbox live content download goes into the hard drive cache somewhere before it is installed?

The way I see it, once it is installed it is xbox system dependant. But you can obviously install it from a DVD (the xbox magazine) so it must get to the xbox in the download first.

I was just wondering if you can find where, if at all, the content is stored before being executed. You might be able to get that file and install it on other xboxs.

Just a thought.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users