3 replies to this topic

#1 Lbtg43

Lbtg43

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 10 November 2002 - 01:04 AM

hey guys, i am new to the whole mod-chip scene and i have a quick question... For many mod-chip features it says the feature is dependant upon the bios. For the modchips, is there a seperate bios on the modchip? or are they talking about modding the bios already in the xbox? and how does the bios work with the modchip?... does the bios allow the modchip to work or does the modchip allow the bios to work(work meaning preform the hack)? I would have figured you would need one or the other, but not both. enabling the bios should be enough to let you play backed-up games/add a bigger hdd etc, no? And how can modchip's support more than one version of a modded bios and vice versa? Can someone give me a site on this kind of information or explain whatever they can from the list of questions i have. Thanks a lot, it will really help me.

#2 RiceCake

RiceCake

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts
  • Interests:Wait, what the hell?<br />Your interested in what I do?<br />None of your damn buisness!
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 November 2002 - 01:08 AM

Most chips are the same thing, you hook them into the XBox to disable security features. The BIOS is what it loads over the normal BIOS to get you these features. Chips that say "Depends on which BIOS you use" are updatable chips, meaning you hook them up to your PC to upload a better newer BIOS.

In other words the chip doesnt do anything really, but the software on it does. Chips that say depends on BIOS are chips you can change the software on. So if you buy your chip and a nice new fast BIOS comes out, you can justdownload and update.

#3 Lbtg43

Lbtg43

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 10 November 2002 - 02:22 AM

so really which chip i buy is not the major issue, but what bios i use? is that all the modchips do, disable the security to let the unsigned code work? and basically when comparing something like an enigmahx modchip vs an xecuter2 modchip, there isnt much difference(aside from the obvious, being able to re-flash bios and ease of installation)? if there is major differences between chips could you guys give me some examples? thanks a lot for that last post, im starting to undersand how this stuff works.

#4 opjose

opjose

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 10 November 2002 - 09:14 AM

Read the Mod Chip Matrix on the Front Page.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users