#31 yourwishismine

yourwishismine

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 06 November 2003 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE (koldfuzion @ Nov 6 2003, 03:42 PM)
-What your girlfriend is wearing at the moment of transfer (no really wink.gif ..preferably nothing but we still need that info!- and a picture please)

LMAO.....

yeah really seriously... send the pictures.. and I'll send pictures back of myself laying in bed beside her smoking my favorite blend of cigarette...

#32 diffident

diffident

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 November 2003 - 04:53 PM

Just wanted to say that I skipped n5 because of the FTP problems, but the latest WIP has fixed all the issues for me - no stalls, no phantom files, and faster again I think (averaging just over 10MB/sec to and from the box), so thanks BenJeremy for all the work that's gone into it. I'll be upgrading to n6 as my dash this weekend. For the record, DHCP, my own skin, X2 4977 so no LBA48, running as an app (it's WIP, after all), Mac OSX, FTP client Interarchy, passive mode.

#33 deflux

deflux

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 08 November 2003 - 05:51 PM

ok, the ftp problem again
the ftp seem like it dies, and wont connect at all after about 5mins of inactivity

using static ip thru router
newest ver of mxm
1.1 xbox
4977 x2
flashfxp
192.168.254.186 xbox
192.168.254.254 gateway
68.2.16.30 dns/set to 192.168.254.254 , same result
win xp
Generator skin 2.0
pasv

thanks
oh, and my gf was wearing these really short blue booty shorts and a matching blue tank top

Edited by deflux, 08 November 2003 - 05:52 PM.

#34 yourwishismine

yourwishismine

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 08 November 2003 - 06:02 PM

About the FTP Problems...

The things you guys are saying about it dieing after a period of time is really weird.. cause, I used to have that problem with EVOX all the time... then I switched to XBMP... still the same problem... then I switched to MXM.. 9n.4 and still the same problem... then MXM 9n.5 came out and I couldn't use it cause I had a X2 4977 BIOS.. and a 250gig harddrive with all extra space going to f... then I heard that using EVOX M7 BIOS would work with MXM9n.5 .. so i flashed my BIOS.. and well MXM now worked.. (and so did avalaunch BTW) and also strangely.. my FTP troubles had cleared up... then I switched to MXM 9n.6 and still no trouble with the FTP... I'm thinking the thing that cleared it up was switching to the EVOX M7 BIOS... perhaps I'm wrong.. but this was just my experience...

#35 ray12944

ray12944

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 12:27 AM

Hey BJ, Im happy to say that im back up and running again, got a new xbox v 1.5
and mxm runs flawlessly even with the 160 gig HD

There is only one problem that I noticed (yes another While Ftp-ing)
Since I was restoring all my Files from the previous xbox the system would be on for some time and I noticed that from time to time MXM would freeze if I left it at Idle fo a while.

I thought it was the Screensaver trying to kik in so I disabled it , and no luck

So I whent to the Y- Menu and went to the System Info Screen and left it there for a while. It never froze in the System info Screen so I figured it had to do with the video.

So I sat in front of the tv untill I saw what happened, And it turns out that the Preview video at about the 3rd or fourth time it loops the audio started getting out of sync and suddenly thats where it froze.

This is no big deal, Just noticed because of my circumstances (how often do people leave MXM idle smile.gif lol)

Just thougt Id let you know because Some other people had mxm freezing also but dont know if it was related.

ok BJ thanks gotta go work on a skin now lol laugh.gif

MXM rocks

Edited by ray12944, 10 November 2003 - 01:09 AM.

#36 koldfuzion

koldfuzion

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 08:50 PM

ok, this one is wierd.

If you run the DateFix script (DateFix.xa) and set the date a DAY behind what the current date is... it stops the background video but not the preview video.

If you set it back to the original date... the video starts playing again.

I did this with MXM live (easy to tell) and EverySunday skins ... so i dont think its a skin problem... and the action script doesnt produce an error. Its just a really wierd side effect of the date change

#37 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,690 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 November 2003 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE (koldfuzion @ Nov 10 2003, 04:50 PM)
ok, this one is wierd.

If you run the DateFix script (DateFix.xa) and set the date a DAY behind what the current date is... it stops the background video but not the preview video.

If you set it back to the original date... the video starts playing again.

I did this with MXM live (easy to tell) and EverySunday skins ... so i dont think its a skin problem... and the action script doesnt produce an error. Its just a really wierd side effect of the date change

Yes, due to the timestamp changing on the multimedia timers...

Less than perfect, but noted, nonetheless....

#38 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,690 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE (ray12944 @ Nov 9 2003, 08:27 PM)
Hey BJ, Im happy to say that im back up and running again, got a new xbox v 1.5
and mxm runs flawlessly even with the 160 gig HD

There is only one problem that I noticed (yes another While Ftp-ing)
Since I was restoring all my Files from the previous xbox the system would be on for some time and I noticed that from time to time MXM would freeze if I left it at Idle fo a while.

I thought it was the Screensaver trying to kik in so I disabled it , and no luck

So I whent to the Y- Menu and went to the System Info Screen and left it there for a while. It never froze in the System info Screen so I figured it had to do with the video.

So I sat in front of the tv untill I saw what happened, And it turns out that the Preview video at about the 3rd or fourth time it loops the audio started getting out of sync and suddenly thats where it froze.

This is no big deal, Just noticed because of my circumstances (how often do people leave MXM idle smile.gif lol)

Just thougt Id let you know because Some other people had mxm freezing also but dont know if it was related.

ok BJ thanks gotta go work on a skin now lol laugh.gif

MXM rocks

OK.... I'll be revisiting the video a bit more (I think I've got the WMV9 hangup solved with the latest "WIP" binaries), so perhaps there's something to clean up in there.

#39 koldfuzion

koldfuzion

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE (BenJeremy @ Nov 10 2003, 11:12 PM)

ahh.. i suspected as much.. but thought I would clarify for myself... so i can pass on the reason when the need arises.

Thanks

I think I've got the WMV9 hangup solved with the latest "WIP" binaries

Not meaning support right? , just that it wont lockup mxm.

#40 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,690 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 02:57 AM

QUOTE (koldfuzion @ Nov 10 2003, 05:19 PM)
QUOTE (BenJeremy @ Nov 10 2003, 11:12 PM)

ahh.. i suspected as much.. but thought I would clarify for myself... so i can pass on the reason when the need arises.

Thanks

I think I've got the WMV9 hangup solved with the latest "WIP" binaries

Not meaning support right? , just that it wont lockup mxm.

Correct, it won't lock up. If I get time, I might add something to indicate the format is bad... perhaps an internal error log that the ActionScripts can access.

#41 pokecancer

pokecancer

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 08:51 AM

I have a problem playing gta 3 and vice city with mxm 0.9n.6. it gets to the initial load screen then locks. whether it is off a dvd-r or the hard drive, it won't work.

#42 koldfuzion

koldfuzion

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 04:25 PM

gta iii works fine for me. I think your game is messed up.

#43 KAC

KAC

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 05:19 PM

I have a problem playing gta 3 and vice city with mxm 0.9n.6. it gets to the initial load screen then locks. whether it is off a dvd-r or the hard drive, it won't work.

You're in the wrong group....this is talked about in other forums. It's not a problem with the dash. Mine works fine but originally froze at the load screen like yours does. All you have to do is extract the ISO to your hard disc with Qwix then FlashFXP it over to your hard disc and it will work.

Edited by KAC, 11 November 2003 - 05:19 PM.

#44 yourwishismine

yourwishismine

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE (KAC @ Nov 11 2003, 01:19 PM)

You're in the wrong group....this is talked about in other forums. It's not a problem with the dash. Mine works fine but originally froze at the load screen like yours does. All you have to do is extract the ISO to your hard disc with Qwix then FlashFXP it over to your hard disc and it will work.

Or do like I did...

buy the f**king game... bought this the day it came out...

Hey, yeah.. I could have gotten it other ways... but this game whips so much a** that they deserve my money...
Just like MXM whips your momma a** so hard, that she can't help but pay the man.

#45 pokecancer

pokecancer

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 06:54 PM

it is not my game. it is mxm. it boots just fine under evo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users