• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Satoshi

Satoshi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 November 2003 - 09:38 PM

The Short Explanation: Whenever I insert the Evolution X CD, the Xbox displays the "Can't read this disk. Make sure it's an Xbox game, movie, or music cd..." etc. type message.

The More Detailed Explanation:
I just recently soldered an Xecuter 2.2 Pro on my Xbox v. 1.0 (both the DVD-Rom and Hard Drive are the factory installed ones) and flashed the BIOS with the X2 4977 BIOS using the CD-RW method, and it appeared to flash just fine. So, next step was Evolution X.

I downloaded Evolution X Build 3921 off of #Xbins on IRC, as well as "Simple xISO". I unzipped the EvoX file, then created an ISO file of that folder. Then, using Nero and following the tutorial, I burned the ISO of Evolution X along with some dummy files - first to the "imation" CD-RWs that I used to flash the BIOS (which worked just fine, then) and then I tried a Philips DVD+R at 2.4x. Neither could be read in the Xbox.

I realize that there are many posts with this question - believe me, I searched - but everybody merely said to change brands of CDs or use DVDs... but since the CD-RWs worked fine when flashing my BIOS, and since everyone claims DVD+Rs are virtually guarunteed to be read, I'm beginning to believe that something else is wrong.

Thanks for taking time to read that, and if anyone could help me out with getting EvoX installed, I'd definitely be grateful!

#2 MikeF

MikeF

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 01 November 2003 - 11:06 PM

have you tried the slayers autoinstaller ?

#3 Satoshi

Satoshi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 November 2003 - 11:21 PM

No, not yet. I was trying to avoid using that since I figured it'd be more fun to install and setup everything myself, however I suppose at this point it doesn't matter and I may as well give Slayers a shot. Thanks for the suggestion.

#4 MikeF

MikeF

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 09:28 AM

No probs, its what i did when I first installed it and then I read the tutorials and learnt from there

#5 Satoshi

Satoshi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 November 2003 - 08:12 PM

Well, I tried the latest Slayers release and it worked just fine!

For the record (for anyone else having this problem)
I used Imation CD-RWs burned in Nero. Originally, when I burned the disc, I chose "ISO CD" from the list to left at the "create new disc" part. This time, I tried going to the menu at the top, selecting "Recorder" and then "Burn Image". This presented me with slightly different options, and it seemed to work this way (make sure "disk-at-one", "write", and "finalize" are all checked during the setup). Whether this was my problem, or whether it was all the Slayers disc that made it install properly, I'm not sure. But, regerdless, this worked for me.

I also talked to another user who did this (he helped me find it) and it worked for him as well.

Edited by Satoshi, 03 November 2003 - 08:13 PM.

#6 brsandlin

brsandlin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 12:06 AM

I'm having exact same problem. I even swapped my thomson for a Samsung and still can't read the disk. I've downloaded Slayers, but I think it was partially downloaded or just doesn't work like the rest of my disks. Please help. Where can I get slayers?

Every time I try to login to irc.snoop .burghom It locks up saying "checking your identity"
any othrer sources would be greatly appreciated

#7 lemonade

lemonade

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 02:48 AM

I don't know if this will help at all, but this site has some great info on xbox irc usage: http://xboxuk0.tripod.com/irc.htm

Also, I had all sorts of problems getting evox on my machine. What finally worked was burning the disc using ultraiso instead of nero. You can download a 30 day trial version at
http://www.ezbsystems.com/enindex.html

Good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users