• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 n0c

n0c

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 10:00 PM

Hi everyone, i got this little problem somehow my xbox ethernet adpter stopped working, when i plug it in into a hub the hub doesn't show that the cable is in. It worked before and i was able to transfer file but it just died all of a sudden. Yea also in the back only a green light is on. If anyone encountered tha same problem and was able to fix it please help out.

P.S. I tried to change cable already.

#2 thejt

thejt

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 02 November 2003 - 10:46 PM

Your hub doesnt show a link light? Have you tried another port on the hub? Your Xbox thinks theres a link. Does the link light (green) on your xbox stay on even when a cable is not plugged into it?

#3 n0c

n0c

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 10:48 PM

yea the green light is on even if the cable is not plugged in, and i did try another ports on the hub it doesn't work

#4 thejt

thejt

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 02 November 2003 - 10:50 PM

Yeah.. sad.gif something is wrong with your xbox then if the link light stays on even without a cable plugged in.. look into the RJ-45 jack (network) on your xbox and make sure the contacts are not crooked and touching eachother.. if everything looks good try leaving your xbox off and unplugged overnight.. if that dont work get a new xbox sad.gif

Edited by thejt, 02 November 2003 - 10:51 PM.

#5 n0c

n0c

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 10:53 PM

haha ok ill try going with the leaving overnight solution, thanx for advice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users