• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chefelf

chefelf

Brandishing the Triforce of Modding

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Web Design, Writing, Cycling, Hardware Modification, Building Computers, Music
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 November 2003 - 04:28 PM

I am using my Xbox controller on the PC with Halo and it works great using the XID drivers. It's almost exactly like playing on the Xbox except for one small detail: the left analog stick.

I understand the Halo for PC is designed to use digital movement (meaning either ON or OFF). So you can't just lightly ease the left thumbstick to slowly walk. You're either moving full speed or not at all. This can make navigating some tight areas a little tricky.

I'm pretty sure this is a "problem" with the game itself and not the drivers. But my question is this: does anyone know of a workaround or solution for this? It's a small issue but I'm curious about it and MS Tech Support is notoriously useless whenever I present them with even the most basic of questions. Their answer usually always involves reinstalling Windows XP. wink.gif

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

#2 Dramlin

Dramlin

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 03 November 2003 - 05:38 PM

Out of curiosity what drivers (specifically) are you using and if available, where did you get them?

#3 chefelf

chefelf

Brandishing the Triforce of Modding

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Web Design, Writing, Cycling, Hardware Modification, Building Computers, Music
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 November 2003 - 06:00 PM

There's a few different drivers available. Do a search for either XID (the drivers I use) or XCtrl.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users