• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 1.8wolf

1.8wolf

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 November 2003 - 04:37 PM

Last night everything was fine while Iwas playin Rainbow 6 3. My xbox is not online but I clicked the xbox live botton in the game (i think this is the problem).

Today I go to turn it on and it splashes Xecutor but then goes to MS dash. I put in my evox disk and open Flashfxp and see that there are extra directories under C: when comparing it to the Old back up of the Xbox C: that I have on my computer.

The extra ones are "Xboxdata. 17f4d00" and "xodash". I also noticed that "xodash" has a "update.xbe" and "xonlinedash.xbe" file in it.

If I delete these 2 directories, will this solve my problem?

Oh, I have a Executor lite2 chip and evox v1.8375

Also, when I swith my Old backup Default.xbe file (renamed xboxdash.xbe) with the one thats on the xbox now, it works except for when i try to go to the Msdash, it tells me the Xbox needs service with a "21" in the upper left corner. And the back up is much smaller, 680km compared to 1.84 mb

Edited by 1.8wolf, 03 November 2003 - 05:18 PM.

#2 some_dude_24

some_dude_24

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 November 2003 - 09:27 PM

is yur evox xbe file on yur c: drive and named evoxdash.xbe. i think maybe you tried to rename it to xboxdash.xbe to overwrite the m$ dash but the bios will automatically try to boot evoxdash.xbe and then when that doesnt work it will look for and then boot xboxdash.xbe. so make sure yur evox xbe is on yur c: drive as evoxdash.xbe. hope this helped you!

#3 1.8wolf

1.8wolf

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 12:26 AM

Ive never had my XBE name evoxdash.xbe, it has always been xboxdash.xbe.
From what Ive read, it depends on what Bios you have if it will read evoxdash.xbe. Ive have a Lite chip and never messed with the Bios so i done know what version I have. (If it aint broke......)

Do you know if when i went into live, did it actaull CHANGE my xboxdash.xbe file or does it jus use its own from then on?

Edited by 1.8wolf, 04 November 2003 - 01:36 AM.

#4 Belial667

Belial667

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 November 2003 - 09:50 PM

I have the exact same problem. I played Rainbow Six 6. Suddenly I got into the xbox live thing, and after that my evox wont start.

I've gotten the same new folders as you. (Xboxdata. 17f4d00" and "xodash)

and when I try to copy a backup of xboxdash.xbe the xbox wont start at all. (needs service)

Is there any solution to this problem ?

Im hurting really bad here. Please help.

-
John

#5 pwtg

pwtg

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 November 2003 - 10:00 PM

Don't know if this will work but try booting with Slayers CD and install the dashboard through it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users