Last Updated: Nov 2005
Forum Rules are enforced by the Moderators(MODS) and Administrators of the board. It is up to the MODs/ADMINs what threads/posts are outside of the boundaries of the rules, and up that person what to do with the thread/post.Stuff that will get Posts Removed, Edited, and/or Locked:
* Direct or indirect links to Xbox software (this includes retail games, backups, BIOSes, and MS XDK-compiled homebrew software)
NOTE: This includes links to .torrent files, OR sites that serve as a "tracker" for .torrent files.
* Any requests or offers for Xbox software (see above)
* Links to sites that sell 'backups'
* Any requests or offers for PC, MAC commercial software (including OS, NON-shareware/freeware utils, etc)
* Requests or offers for any type of crack/patch/serial # for any of the above.
* Any requests or offers for game console ROMs (including, but not limited to Xbox, PSX, PS2, GameCube, All GameBoy, Nintendo, SNES, all Sega, arcade, etc.)
* Requests or offers / pointers to PORN pictures or sites.
* Do not create a thread, or poll about a member, mod, or admin (see below for more detail)Stuff that will get a Thread/Topic LOCKED:
* Lame Flame posts... including clear attempts to goad others into unconstructive and abusive arguments. (to be determined by the staff).
* Questions repeated often. These threads will either be deleted, or merged to existing topics.
* Any thread in violation of the rules.
* Recreated threads of those which are closed (see below).Stuff that will get a Topic MOVED:
* Threads posted in the wrong forum. Whether intentional or not.
*Max 4 lines of text (as viewed on an 800x600 display)
*No 'large' or 'largest' size
*Max 1 image (gif/jpeg/png)
*Max size image is 450(w) x 140(h) pixels
*No animated gifs allowed! (this has been abused in the past)
*No offending/illegal images or text allowed
*No referral URLs of any kind
*No requests for donations ever!
*No racism/racist/slanderous/antagonistic remarks
*No links, direct or indirect to Xbox XDK or Sony SDK produced files.
*No links, direct or indirect to piracy/warez sites or files.
*No links, direct or indirect to nude pictures, or other pornographic materials
*No links, direct or indirect to game ROMs (don’t waste our time telling us you have a right to it.. or you own the original, etc)
*Links to outwar/outpimp click-point type or any other referral service-type service in your sig may result in an immediate ban - you have been warned!
Note about Sig rules:
Rules will be enforced at the admin's and moderator's discretion; reasonable variances will be allowed, as well as extenuating circumstances that may permit exemptions from the rules (such as helpful info). Staff have exemption from sig rules.
============================================================================WHAT TO DO IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH A MEMBER/MOD
If you have an issue with a member, or notice that a certain member is violating the rules, and it is being overlooked, the best thing to do is to PM a head mod. If it is concerning one particular forum, PM the mod that leads that forum. If there is no one for that forum, if you would rather not discuss it that mod, or if it is a general complaint, PM a head moderator.
If you have an issue with any staff, PM HSDEMONZ.
You can find an entire list of the ADMIN/MODS here
DO NOT, UNDER ANY
CIRCUMSTANCE, start a thread about a MEMBER, MOD, or ADMIN. This includes Polls such as: "Who is the biggest post whore", "Do you like so-and-so", "Do you think so-and-so should be banned". This is one of the easiest way to get on the HEAD MODS' and ADMINS' bad side.
============================================================================How To Get Help (The Right Way)
Please read this general guide: http://www.tuxfiles....elp/forums.html
Be sure to read the pinned posts
in the forum that you are posting in (Esp. the "What not to post in this forum" topics)SEARCH FIRST!Some other helpful tips:
* Do NOT send PMs or emails to members requesting files/ROMs/games/etc. Do not post your email address and ask people to email you any files or anything, and do not post your email/website that would contain any illegal files. I must remind you, any links to XDK compiled software, ROMs, or anything else piracy or possibly piracy related is forbidden on these boards. Don’t think that just because you handle it in a PM doesn’t make it the concern of the staff. “PM/email me (forbidden request)” or “PM me because I can’t talk about it on the forums” posts are a good way to get suspended/banned.
* If a thread sparks a different question in your mind that isn't 100% related to the main topic, start a new thread and ask. Posting unrelatedly in another’s topic is thread-jacking and is considered highly rude.
* Any attempt to start a flame war, any trolling to get others to start a flame war no matter how subtle, any kind of disrespect to other members no matter how minor, any attempt to change the subject and direction of the thread to what it's not originally intended will NOT be tolerated. No warnings. This forum is not here for your amusement.
* Posts like, "I love this product/software" or "I hate that product/software" or “Which product/software is better/best” offer no value to this forum and mostly end up in flame wars. If you are introducing a new product or software, that's fine, otherwise avoid those posts. How you feel about a product does not warrant a thread.
* Duplicate threads and crossposting are frowned upon. Do your research before posting. If you have done your research and still don't have the answer, let us know that and help avoid people quoting old threads back at you. Let us know exactly what it is that you haven't found in those old threads and what exactly you are looking for.
* You don't have to post in every thread you see. If you can't be helpful, stay out and let others help.
* If a mod has to delete/edit/close your posts more than a few times, chances are they make sure you won't post in this forum at all.
* If your post is deleted/closed/edited, don't post publicly about it or add a subtle hint to it in your next post, because that post will be deleted/edited/closed as well. If you want to know what happens when mods have to delete/edit/close your posts more than a few times, see above.
* POLITE PMs about why your post was deleted/edited/closed may
be answered, otherwise, don't bother.You guys are joking right? I mean, everyone here downloads games! And all the programs and bios's that you use are illegal!
First off, no, not everyone downloads games. Second, from the "scenes" standpoint, homebrew apps dont really hurt MS's or game devs bottom line, piracy does. And last but least, it doesn't really matter what others do. The only thing that matters is that you follow the rules, or lose your right to post here. This forum is provided as a service to everyone free of charge. This site, and forum will not become a target from MS or game devs because of loose talk of piracy. So be sure to word your questions carefully, or you will find your post removed or locked. Its nothing personal against you, its simply that we have a policy, and expect all members to adhere.
Edited by Xombe, 11 September 2006 - 02:43 AM.