• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#46 schnide

schnide

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ May 8 2005, 10:24 PM)
the gamertag isnt in a directory, its in the HDs partition table

and evox cant do anything liek that, i dont think anything can except maybe that softmod with the virtual C (all it could do is hide your online dashbaord and have a virtual C with an older dash, of course any Live game can update that)

but seriously, why cant you just use a Live blocking bios like the rest of us?

View Post

Does one exist, and is guaranteed to work?

I asked around a while ago but was told it couldn't be done! I have an Aladdin Advance chip, I don't know if that makes any difference..

#47 Lord Magnus

Lord Magnus

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 May 2005 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE(schnide @ May 9 2005, 06:25 PM)
Does one exist, and is guaranteed to work?

I asked around a while ago but was told it couldn't be done!  I have an Aladdin Advance chip, I don't know if that makes any difference..

View Post

There is a lot of Live blocking bios (LBB) around mate... X2's, X3's, IND's, m8 metoo, etc, etc... just check around the ussual places, and read the readme's or howto's in the zips for full info.

Just to start you off, let me link you to my favorite and the one I use: IND-Bios

Enjoy your research mate.

#48 schnide

schnide

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE(Lord Magnus @ May 9 2005, 06:41 PM)
Just to start you off, let me link you to my favorite and the one I use: IND-Bios

Enjoy your research mate.

View Post

From the IND-BiOS readme:

"All games should be patched with smo's patch to disable Xblive.
All MS dash .xbe's should be patched to block the network completely,
stopping dash updates which the first patch does not.
Please note that this last patch effects all .xbe's with the same titleID as the
MS dash. So if you are working on an MS dash mod (thc, blackstormx, etc), please
change your titleID if you are including any networking capabilities, such as FTP.
Thanks to smo for this patch info."

So Magnus, seeing as you use this one yourself, does this mean that I need to patch the games as well as using the BIOS? Because most of the games I use aren't backups, I have an Aladdin Advance chip on a 1.4 Xbox running eVoX - isn't there a BIOS I can install and block Live, simple as that?

Hope you're willing to help, thanks..

#49 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,747 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 10 May 2005 - 12:02 AM

the live block int eh biso is like a seatbelt, the xbe patching is like the airbag, its just a secondary precaution

#50 schnide

schnide

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 10:07 PM

I installed having had help from this page:

http://forums.xbox-s...hp/t319980.html

..and now it seems to work great! Obviously I'm still not going to try and connect to Live with the modchip on but I trust it'll protect me if I ever do that by accident.

Thanks all..

#51 omg0t

omg0t

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 24 December 2005 - 08:20 AM

could i possibly block tcp 3074 but not block udp 3074 and still have xbox live completely blocked?

#52 Micnal Striel

Micnal Striel

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 12:40 AM

Hmmm that does not seem to work for me, maybe im doing something wrong. Im using a dd-wrt right now. (like where do you ut the port numbers?)

#53 ILLusions0fGrander

ILLusions0fGrander

third echelon agent

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 05 September 2008 - 06:53 AM

Applications & Gaming tab should have a dropbox for the protocol where you can choose TCP, UDP, or both.

#54 Martinchris23

Martinchris23

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 09 September 2008 - 11:28 AM

Wow - a 3 year old thread gets revived!

IMHO is there any need for this now? You can pick up pre-owned Xboxes so cheaply these days isn't it just better to leave one unmodded for just Xbox Live games and the other for stuff like XBMC etc?

#55 TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 15 September 2008 - 03:11 PM

The Latest DDWRT has Xbox Live listed on it's on in QoS, you could block it completely from there smile.gif It's just a drop down. (Entirely block it)

Alternatively you could block Xbox Live and filter it solely to the Xbox's MAC - also DD WRT.

Martinchris23,

Around me at least they're holding their value right around $100. But you are correct about just buying a spare if you're that concerned, I picked up a busted one (bad hard drive) for cheap and fixed it for Xbox Live use.

#56 SkH

SkH

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 10 November 2009 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE(thepro8 @ Nov 4 2003, 10:55 PM) View Post
shanafan...why would doing this be better than just unplugging the ethernet cord when you have the chip on?

And play using System Link safely?

#57 Morning Call

Morning Call

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 10:55 AM

QUOTE(TheMuffinMan @ Sep 15 2008, 10:11 AM) View Post

The Latest DDWRT has Xbox Live listed on it's on in QoS, you could block it completely from there smile.gif It's just a drop down. (Entirely block it)

Alternatively you could block Xbox Live and filter it solely to the Xbox's MAC - also DD WRT.

Martinchris23,

Around me at least they're holding their value right around $100. But you are correct about just buying a spare if you're that concerned, I picked up a busted one (bad hard drive) for cheap and fixed it for Xbox Live use.

sorry to revive a dead thread, but i found the service built into ddwrt does not block xbox live at all. atleast it didnt for me. tested this on my live 360 and it would still connect even with upnp disabled.

i setup my own services (2.. 1 for 88 and 1 for 3074udp/tcp) and it then blocked live. upnp can be enabled as well it doesnt bypass it.

#58 x colt bank x

x colt bank x

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:49 PM

I will try this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users