5 replies to this topic

#1 sdh

sdh

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 November 2003 - 10:48 AM

Hi All.

could someone tell me what i need to do to install MAMEox emulator on the Xbox.????

i have downloaded the files, unzipped them on my PC Hard Drive, i transferred them to the emulator folder, but it does not register...?

could some one post what files are needed, also what i do to install these to the Xbox...?

i am a newbie, so Please keep it simple for me...??????

thanks... (in advance...?)

#2 johnmiceter

johnmiceter

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 05 November 2003 - 01:44 PM

I wish I could help you SDH, but I'm having the same problem also sad.gif

I used Xbins to download my version and am using MAMEoX_v0.76.1b. And I'm running mine odd a CDRW and can't even get the thing to load up on my xbox. blink.gif

I tried patching the .xbe files and also searched all through these Forums with no luck.

When I try and play the Emulator it just resets back to my dash. I got all the IGR's set to NO also.

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong, but for some reason, I can never get these simple things to work like others , hopeless hey. sad.gif

#3 C@ble Guy

C@ble Guy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 November 2003 - 10:40 PM

on the D drive i believe there is an Apps folder, emulator folder

in that folder create a folder called Mameox, in that folder you created load all the files for mameox into, then load your roms into the roms dir.

you should then be able to launch mameox from evox dash.

no patching of anykind needed

#4 GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 05 November 2003 - 11:00 PM

http://www.xbox-scene.com

Go to the tutorials section and check the EvoX tutorials.
There's tons of info there, including the general "how to install anything" tutorial.

#5 Dubber

Dubber

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 12:00 AM

make sure that the directory has a default.xbe in it. If it doesnt then it might be a source file

#6 centerman

centerman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 November 2003 - 06:29 AM

Okay, I just got mine working. This information comes from several different tutorials referenced from the xbox-scene main page.

I'm running evox 3921, have an X2Lite+ loaded with 4977. After flailing around for a few weeks, I finally stumbled upon Slayer's install disc. If you do not have this, I highly recommend it.

Back to MAMEoX:
1. Copy the MAMEoX distribution to E:AppsEmulatorsMame. A trip through your evox.ini file will show you that items iunder the "Emulators" directory get AutoAdded to the menu. All I had to do was ftp the STANDARD distribution, reboot the machine (I might not have need to do this) and I was then MAME was now available from the evox menu.
2. Copy your ROMs in the E:AppsEmulatorsMameRoms
3. Any time you add new roms, you need to "Scan for new ROMS" from inside Mame. Do this by hitting the "Start" button on the Mame Main Page.

gary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users