1 reply to this topic

#1 amclark

amclark

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 November 2003 - 11:10 PM

Hello

I am trying to installing a 120 gb hard drive into my xbox. I have a matrix modchip and have tried many different bioses (xecuter2, something.D6, something.D6-eject_fix). Anyways, I always get an error when I try to start up my xbox w/ exox 3921 in my hard drive, error 13 ( i believe it's cannot find dashboard ). I'm thinking this is because the cdrw i burned (hp cdrw, used xiso to make install hd image from tutorial, used xiso, then nero 5.5) doesn't work. But i'm inclined to believe it's not the cd because if i put the cd when I have the old hard drive w/ evox installed plugged in, it says init --> then evox disc (in the same place where it'll say game, or dvd movie or whatever ) on the skin. but when i do launch dvd, it doesn't load up the evox that i installed on the disk (w/ the modified menu and stuff). it pretends like it's going to start then goes right back to the evox on the hard drive. it seems since it says evox disc in the background it can read the disc fine, so i'm not sure if it's the disc or the hard drive or the bios. if anyone can shed some light on this I would really appreciate it. Sorry if someone posted this question before, I looked around for it, but couldn't really find a similar situation.

Thanks

#2 Dubber

Dubber

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 12:18 AM

I had this same problem with my matrix chip. It seemed that the boot order of the bios was changed so that evoxdash launched ahead of d/default.xbe in the boot order. I reflashed my matrix with a fresh load of x2 4977 and i was back in business.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users