• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dregs

dregs

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 01:33 PM

Ok, I recently installed the xecutotor 2.2 pro chip and Im waiting on my 200gb harddrive to show up.. Im a newbie to mods and Im just wondering what I can do with it. I have a couple questions and I hope someone can direct me to answers

Am I able to copy files off of a burnt CD onto my hard drive?
- More specifically for watching my avis, mpegs etc.. Will I be able to just stick the CD in the drive and the xbox read it?

Am I able to hookup external harddrives if I have the USB connection?
- If so will I be able to copy files from it, or watch movies off it.

Is there anything I can do to make my dvd controller to do extra functions, like turn the xbox off/on, or would that require opening it up and messing with the hardware?

also: I have a question about my power. Ever since I bought the xbox (its past warranty now) Ive been having problems with the power.. It doesnt seem to fit into the slot firmly, it often falls out if its not propped up or taped to something.. I hear popping sounds someitmes when Im trying to secure it.. Could this damage my xbox? has anyone ever heard of this before?

rolleyes.gif more questions to come! thanks for the help

#2 lmeister

lmeister

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 06 November 2003 - 02:30 PM

Am I able to copy files off of a burnt CD onto my hard drive?
- More specifically for watching my avis, mpegs etc.. Will I be able to just stick the CD in the drive and the xbox read it?

Yes with xbmp but your xbox probably wont read cdr's use cdrw's instead.

Am I able to hookup external harddrives if I have the USB connection?
- If so will I be able to copy files from it, or watch movies off it.

Not that i'm aware of. The usb connection i think you are talking about are the leads sold so people can use usb items with linux. If you were feeling adventurous and your usb harddisk had linux support you could use it in linux.

Is there anything I can do to make my dvd controller to do extra functions, like turn the xbox off/on, or would that require opening it up and messing with the hardware?

This can be done and there are some tutorials on it already. The actual remote does not have to be opened but some modification of the xbox is required.

your power problem should be easily fixable. The problem is your power cord has become a loose fit due to pluging unpluging over time. The popping you hear is caused by intermitent contact between the pins in the xbox and the plug.

To fix it you need to widen the gap between the two power supply pins on the back of the xbox. Unplug it and use a flat bladed screwdriver to ever so slighlty bend the power pins outwards. Do this with care they need bending outwards only slightly!

Try fittment now it should be nice and tight. Curing your power probs

#3 dregs

dregs

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 02:52 PM

Ill try that screwdriver thing and see how that works.. the problem has always existed for my xbox though..

any idea where the tutorial is for the remote mod? I wouldnt mind being able to turn it off and on with it

thanks for the response,

nate.mk

EDIT: the power fits in perfectly now.. thx
damn crappy manufacturers

How do I play AVIS and MPEGS off of a cdrw?
- I have a thomson drive, is it possible?

Edited by dregs, 06 November 2003 - 04:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users