• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 IMehler

IMehler

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 02:22 PM

i installed chip today. but when it boots it boots three times (green yellow) and then it switches to yellow blinking. i cant open the dvd drive or turn off the box. uhh.gif

#2 Andry

Andry

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 09:30 PM

Ehmmm do you put the video cable in jester.gif jester.gif ???

#3 Iggyboy

Iggyboy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2003 - 06:18 AM

I also tried to install the akira chip and had the same problem. It boots boots three times and then start blinking green and red and the dvd drive doesn't open. When the chip is disabled, d0 is switched off, it boots as usual.

Does anyone know about this problem.

#4 sha

sha

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 08 November 2003 - 12:49 AM

Was it preflashed with a bios?

Make sure you got the DO right it might be placed wrong.

#5 Troed

Troed

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 08 November 2003 - 01:37 PM

Stop posting advice when you don't know what you're talking about. If a chip boots as it should with the switch off, and frags with the switch on - d0 is correct.

Again - D0 IS CORRECT.

The reason for getting a FRAG is that either the bios on the modchip is faulty in some way (unlikely) - in 99% of all cases it's due to a bad solder job on the LPC points.

#6 hippo

hippo

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 November 2003 - 10:47 AM

Absolutely I hate when people chime in without knowing the first thing. With these cheaply made boards from the far east you can always count on dry and missed joints, so you can't really say check the LPC as the whole board is probably suspect. If you check the LPC points first check them again. Then maybe look at the board under magnification you'll find the problem. Run a pin or pick across the pins of the onboard chips and if they dent in or wiggle they aren't soldered. I'd just solder every pin together on every chip and clean it up with a wick and then redo everything else joint wise before trying it again in the box.

All you really know for certain now is if you try to bypass the tsop ms bios with the bios on the mod chip it's not finding any bios or any suitable bios.

#7 sha

sha

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 13 November 2003 - 11:08 PM

I have installed 20 systems with the Akira and have not had 1 bad one. I am guessing D0 is faulty or solder shorting on the board somewhere.

#8 {fusion}

{fusion}

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 14 November 2003 - 03:13 PM

We test all chips now before shipping so failure rate in the last month been pretty much 0. the new stocks which are unsanded are solid, had a few faulty of the old stocks, but always replace.

email me if still have probs

fusion@akirachip.com

will always sort you out buddy

#9 RekaN

RekaN

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 16 November 2003 - 02:41 PM

i had this porblem twice.. both time sit was the LPC points that was the problem.. try heat them agian or put more or less solder on them.. it will solve you problem

#10 Manus

Manus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 10:04 PM

I Installed my Akira today also , and works like a charm smile.gif

was my first mod i did and everything worked out great !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users