• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 webscripter

webscripter

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts
  • Interests:xbooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooox
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 06 November 2003 - 08:10 PM

I made a xbox=>female usb and a controller=>male usb cable the other night for my futur linux. I don't know if my cables work than and I didn't have the time (or the permission to test my controller=>pc cable yet. I did plug it in and it said it recognises a usb port with the drivers. Now, when I connect the female usb to the male usb, the light of my headset works but my buttons don't. Is this because it's cascading usb (I heard something about it but I don't know what it is actually) or is it because I didn't soldered the outer wires (the wires around the shielding in a usb cable). If it's a cascading problem than how can I solve this. I read the xbox controller already has a usb (hub) inside so it won't allow a second one. Is there a way to remove that usb hub and directly wire it so I can still use my wire as a normal inline release cable. This is a lot and maybe hard to understand but I realy need some answers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users