• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 czechhockey68

czechhockey68

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 08:47 PM

I am having a lot of trouble with sould calibur 2, tmnt,doabv, and nba street. I am running my xbox with the evox 2.5 bios. These backups i have get a dirty disc error, i tried loading them to the hdd, but still got the same error. To make thing even stranger i took the backup if soul calibur 2 brought it to my friends xbox which has an old enigmah chip in it, and it worked! I have searched through many topics about this, bu have yet to find and answer. I have all IGR off and have patched the files to no avail. Someone please help me thankyou!

#2 sCoTxXx

sCoTxXx

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 09:01 PM

Sounds like you need to try a different brand of media. If it works on your friends xbox and the game plays ok then your burning procedure is ok. Some xbox drives are picky about the type of media they will read. I would experiment with a few differend types till you find one that works. Make sure you are patching your iso files to remove media flags before you burn them.

BTW Verbatim and Imation DVD's work flawless for me. beerchug.gif

#3 czechhockey68

czechhockey68

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 09:03 PM

i have a samsung drive that reads anything and also i loaded the games on the hdd and hey still get the dirty disk error and other games i have with the same media work. anyone else?thanks for the reply anyway!

#4 sCoTxXx

sCoTxXx

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 09:05 PM

All I no is that if it works on another xbox then the procedure you used is correct, I dont see it being anything else but the media. Obviously your drive dont read everything if it aint reading a disk that you claim works in another modded xbox.

#5 czechhockey68

czechhockey68

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 09:12 PM

what i was saying that i have other games on the same media that work on my xbox and that i also copied the ones that dont work to my hdd and they also get the dirty disc error on the hdd!

#6 czechhockey68

czechhockey68

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 09:57 PM

is there anyone who can help me or that has the same problem?

#7 czechhockey68

czechhockey68

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 11:52 PM

bump

#8 palmeiro

palmeiro

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 07 November 2003 - 06:04 AM

Chances are you'll have to delete the cache folders from your HD. Go to X drive (I think) and if you see a folder called "CACHE" then go inside of it and delete everything in it. I don't think it's necessary for you to do the same thing on the CACHE folder in the E drive but do it anyway. I used to get dirty disk errors on HD, DVD drive, everywhere. Now I don't after I deleted those folders. Post your result here once you try it.

#9 Mr Ed

Mr Ed

Hacking Horse

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,588 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 November 2003 - 01:19 PM

What palmeiro said. biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users