62 replies to this topic

#1 utsajsh22

utsajsh22

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 07 November 2003 - 03:00 AM

Hey has anyone played this game, i have read a lot of reviews and stuff but i have learned to not always beleive what reveiwers say so i am asking other players because players are better reveiwers than the real reveiwers cause most reveiwers are journalist not hardcore gamers. So any help on this if it is close to vice city or its better or worse. anything you like or dont like.

#2 Achtung

Achtung

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 07 November 2003 - 03:02 AM

it sucks I rented it today, dont even bother with it just get the GTA double pack

#3 MoeMan949222

MoeMan949222

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 November 2003 - 04:09 AM

QUOTE (Achtung @ Nov 7 2003, 05:02 AM)
it sucks I rented it today, dont even bother with it just get the GTA double pack

yea man this game sucks major ASS!!!!

#4 thrashev

thrashev

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 07 November 2003 - 04:09 AM

QUOTE (Achtung @ Nov 7 2003, 12:02 AM)

way to back up your beliefs with facts and information

i like this game more than gta3/vc but that's only because i've beaten both gta3 and vc on the PC and the fun has worn off, true crime is new and different

#5 Jalan

Jalan

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 07 November 2003 - 04:32 AM

I like true crime alot, huge damn city. It really IS LA. Although I did find a pretty lame bug that kept me from catching a perp. Somehow we both tried to enter the same car and he and the car were un touchable. Other then that I like it alot. I dislike the soundtrack, rap sucks, custimizable though.

#6 EgoX

EgoX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 07 November 2003 - 05:00 AM

fanboys are funny they shout so loud but say so little!

as for true crime if "gameplay" is high on your list of priorities you'll love it.

I particularly like the fight scenes, they're very well realised & give a whole new dimension to the game.

my only complaint is that the 3d engine doesn't do the xbox justice(asthetically) .

#7 Dunny

Dunny

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 07 November 2003 - 11:29 AM

fanboys are funny they shout so loud but say so little!

yeah but if people say True Crime is poor, what does that make them fanboy of? biggrin.gif

IMO Its average.

Yes they recreated L.A but it doesnt look half as good as The Getaways recreation of London. Its like a GTA/Max Payne with hand-to-hand combat, I wouldnt say its brilliant, maybe one to rent. I also thought the soundtrack was rubbish too.

Edited by Dunny, 07 November 2003 - 11:32 AM.

#8 EgoX

EgoX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 07 November 2003 - 03:16 PM

Hmm it's not only opininion that makes a fanboy it's a whole attitude.

check the first 2 replies for examples biggrin.gif

I think this game will attract that attitude because of it's stark similarities with gta.

Edited by EgoX, 08 November 2003 - 01:20 AM.

#9 Dunny

Dunny

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 07 November 2003 - 03:29 PM

but saying True Crime isnt good, doesnt really show they are a fan of anything. wink.gif

edit - oh your saying they are a fan of GTA, so thats why they think True Crime is crap.

Edited by Dunny, 07 November 2003 - 03:30 PM.

#10 zenmonkey

zenmonkey

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 November 2003 - 07:42 PM

I enjoyed GTAIII on the PS2 immensely. True Crime is fun, but there's so much fighting its almost like GTA meets Final Fight or something. The voice acting is horrible and the music is (and this is my opinion) horrible. The NAACP should jump all over this game. That's a joke.

ZM

#11 Wes Ide

Wes Ide

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 November 2003 - 10:53 PM

This game ownz GTA.

#12 Obiwan76

Obiwan76

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 November 2003 - 02:27 AM

Its not a bad game , I've played it a little and it seems VERY open ended. I spent like 3 hours just running around arresting ppl...lol I still prefer Gta but this is a good contender...

#13 ChrisF

ChrisF

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 08 November 2003 - 04:44 AM

I think people will be much happier with the game if they evaluate it separately from GTA. It's not an "or" decision and the game was never meant to be exactly like GTA. There is a city, freedom of movement, and choice - that's it. It appears that those people who are looking for a supercharged GTA are disappointed while a good portion of those people who are playing the game on its own merits look to be having a lot of fun with it. It's like convincing a child to try new foods. That being said, I haven't played it much and have been wrecking havoc in Vice City riding my scooter and wielding my machete <I'm the only machete wielding scooter riding serial killer ever>.

#14 Shadowcat

Shadowcat

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 08 November 2003 - 05:49 AM

So is the gta: Double pack both gt3 and vice city?

#15 maxgeek

maxgeek

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 08 November 2003 - 09:19 PM

Yes GTA Double Pack is both Vice city and GTA3.

I also think True Crime is average. The graphics are 10x better then GTA but I don't think the gameplay is as good. The Storyline of true crime is done better not that the story is actually better. The controls of True Crime are also harder. I dunno its a bit confusing to me. Crue Crimes AI is also pretty bad. Cars run you over too much. I don't think either game owns the other though. True crime is lacking in many areas and GTA is majorily lacking in the graphics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users