4 replies to this topic

#1 v8stealth

v8stealth

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 November 2003 - 08:38 PM

I have a new x-box I just modded, the chip is installed and working fine. THe only thing is that the Xbox wont read DVD-r or CD-RW. So I can not run the xbox HD utilities to prep the new HD or get Evox to run so I can FTP into the old HD an back it up. So basically two questions...

1. Is there a way to just make a duplicate of a 120 gig HD that I have, that works fine, to put on the new 120 gig drive?

2. Without being able to read any media, is there a way I can FTP into the old HD?

Thanks, in advance...

#2 t0ken

t0ken

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 07 November 2003 - 09:08 PM

You can use the savegame hack to be able to ftp into your hard drive. You can use WinHex to clone the old hard drive to the new hard drive. Do a search if you don't know what I'm talking about.

#3 Jumpy_Beans

Jumpy_Beans

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 November 2003 - 09:08 PM

i think you can clone it with norton ghost....? not sure

#4 BobOnion

BobOnion

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 08 November 2003 - 01:58 PM

If you wouldn't fret just a little more physical labor and spending a few bucks on a pc dvd-rom drive that you can return after you're done, you can use a pc dvd drive to read your cdrws, dvds, etc. You'll be able to put evox on the hard drive and ftp from there for the rest of your xbox life.

All you have to do is temporarily take a couple of plugs from the orginal dvd rom and plug them in the pc drive. You cannot simply replace the drive altogether by doing this, because the pc drive will not load games and such for various little detailed reasons. This will simply let you load evox and other programs off of media that the original drive won't read.

Look in tutorials for the step-by-step.

#5 moistness

moistness

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 08 November 2003 - 02:02 PM

just try different media, i havent heard of an xbox drive that wont read ANY cd-rw or dvd-r!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users