craigb

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 November 2003 - 03:32 PM

Hi,

I recently installed my aladdin chip.

When u quickly press the on button it powers up as normal. When i hold it in the light goes red then orange and stays orange as long as i hold the button in, When i release it it turns green. I assume that is chip enabled but protected.

When i try to get into unprotected mode it wont work?? I hold the button for over 10 seconds but the light wont flash.

Aslo looking at this website it says the x-box logo should turn orange when the chip is enabled, Is that correct?

One mistake i did make when i installed it is that the copper track for the DO connection lifted off sad.gif. I still managed to get my wire soldered to the copper track but not to the round hole like in the drawings. Would this cause a problem? I assume that becasue the track broke i have broke a circuit somewhere. My connection is soldered to the wire track that leads to the chip on the top of the board but i assume that track should run to the round hole (proper DO connection) then to another circuit somewhere. Does anybody know where i can pick up that circuit and solder a wire from the aladin DO connection to another point to re-connect the circuit?

Many thanks

Craig

P.S - Just to add, the light dosnt flash when the HD is accesed, Well I assume iam using the HD. I have some cd's stored on the HD, when i play them i assume Iam accessing the HD but the light dont flash. I wired the chip as in this Drawing

Edited by craigb, 08 November 2003 - 03:40 PM.

#2 Ultra

Ultra

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 November 2003 - 04:48 PM

I have the exact same problem. I know that the Aladdin chip you and I got is the 32 version (not 64), that's why it doesn't have the unprotected mode and doesn't have the HDD LED flashing feature either. Maybe we got a copy and not an original Aladdin made by Ankarah?

The 3 problems I'm having are:

1. I CANNOT flash the BIOS at all. I tried flashing it from Slayer's autoinstaller and ozxflash but both didn't work. It keeps saying it's write protected or something similar.

2. Loading any programs (installed to the HD through Slayer's) will just freeze at the "LOADING" screen.

3. I can't ftp to the Xbox at all. I already followed all the IP settings in the tutorials with no luck.

I'm getting really frustrated with this chip now that I'm almost ready to unsolder and throw it away because there's really no point of having a modchip in there and not being able to run any homebrew program and/or backup games. grr.gif

#3 Ultra

Ultra

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 November 2003 - 12:58 AM

Yay! I finally could flash it. I took somebody's (Ryu) advice from an older post and unsoldered the L1, L2, and BT and could finally flash it. But there's a catch: without these points soldered, the D0 won't get grounded and the modchip is disabled. Therefore the workaround is to solder the D0 to an alternate ground. I did this by leaving alone the wire that I had already from d0 via on xbox m/b to D0 on the Aladdin then add an extra wire going from D0 on Aladdin to the nearest ground hole that's used for holding the m/b down to the case. After this is done, you can turn the xbox on and flash the chip.

After flashing with one of the newer bioses (either X2 4977 or Evox M7), all of the freezing app problem has gone. I still can't ftp yet though. I'll probably try another NIC card next.

#4 craigb

craigb

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 November 2003 - 12:30 PM

I bought my chip from www.playstationchips.co.uk If that makes any difference, Iam not sure what version it is.

A friend also bought the same chip so i will speak to him when i see him to ask how he's getting on with his.

Should the Xbox logo turn orange when the chip is working ??

Many Thanks

Craig.

P.S - Just out of interested, the link above also sells Evo-x installer packets. Is this wirth buying ?

Edited by craigb, 09 November 2003 - 12:31 PM.

#5 craigb

craigb

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 November 2003 - 02:49 PM

Just had her apart again. I earther the DO connection, and rechecked my other connections and all seems ok.

I think i have the newer version xbox, 1.5 i believe and i read somewhere that i have to earth one of the pins and attach another one to 3.3v - which pins ??

If i quickly touch the on button the cd light goes to green and the xbox boots up. If i hold in the button the light goes red, orange then green when i release the button but the xbox logo does not change to orange on startup.

I have the 32 version chip BTW.

I havnt tried flashing it yet as i dont know how to.

Craig

#6 Ultra

Ultra

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 November 2003 - 04:58 PM

In your original post you said you already are playing some games from the HD right? If yes, that means your chip is already working that's how you could even copy games to the HD in the first place. Then don't worry about it anymore. And also the X logo only turns to a different color if you have the BIOS customized to do so. The BIOS can be edited with XBTool I think but I haven't tried yet cuz it's just cosmetic.

#7 craigb

craigb

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 November 2003 - 05:28 PM

Hi,

I've only been playing cd's from my HD. But since you've mentioned that i suppose i can try to copy a game to the HD.

The chip boots up as instructons say apart from the orange xbox logo but you have explained why that dosnt.

Many thanks

Craig smile.gif

Edited - Hmm, maybe not then. From further research i will have to setup evo-x, then setup a network connection and FTP dvd2xbox over (which i have downloaded) then take it from there. Suppose i better dome some research on how to set up evo-x now. sad.gif

Edited by craigb, 09 November 2003 - 06:04 PM.

#8 bi786

bi786

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 12:14 AM

It sounds like seeing as you have a newer v1.4/1.5 xbox your chip will have the M7 bios on it. I have that on an alladdin and it hasn't got the orange logo like it did before I flashed it. Your chip is working perfect so enjoy it:).

#9 side

side

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 13 November 2003 - 06:03 PM

There is BAD FLASH recovery process just posted there:

http://forums.xbox-s...ST&f=3&t=123165

the 1.4 and 1.5 schematics, you can find on the official site, there : www.ankarah.com

#10 craigb

craigb

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 03:42 PM

biggrin.gif Just to finish this thread off.

Iam pleased to say that my chip is working perfect (touch wood).

I've just installed Evo-x (cheers Mr Slayer) and successfully copied a game to the HD and played it fine.

I have just installed a network card in my PC and ready to try my hand at FTP'ing, which is why Iam here so i can read the FTP'ing for n00bs guide wink.gif

Thanks for your help folks.

Craig

#11 craigb

craigb

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 09:33 PM

pop.gif jester.gif beerchug.gif love.gif How Pleased am I biggrin.gif

Managed to get the ftp to work. WOW what a amaing piece of kit the xbox is. Ive been ftp'ing stuff acorss all night learning new stuff and it just amazes me more and more.

I've successfully copied games to the xbox HD, ftp'ed across to the PC and back again and still been able to play it, ftp'ed acorss MP3's, divx's, mpg's and jpegs.

Many thanks again for all your help and tutorials.

cheers beerchug.gif

Craig.

P.S Whats next? I've chipped, installed evo-x, setup the ftp. Whats the next challange/mod ??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users