XBOX SYSTEM LINK: No
XBOX LIVE COMPATABLE: No
HDTV Support: 480p
5.1 Surround Sound: yes
GENRE: Action/Adventure
PLATFORM: XBOX, Playstation 2, PC
ESRB: Mature: Violence, Strong Language, Blood and Gore, Strong Sexual Content
Retail Price: $49.99

Graphics have been improved over the PS2 and PC versions. Characters move their lips, have fingers and look much better. The cars look sweet! You can even see reflection on the cars. The fire in the game also looks much better than PS2/PC versions. Something new to the Xbox version is that there is actually light in the game. It looks cool. Enough with graphics, you can listen to your music stored on your Xbox Hard drive and listen to it while playing Grand Theft Auto III and Vice City. There are two types of controls in this game, one of them is very similar to the PS2 version controls.

This game is simply amazing and fun. No wonder this game has sold so many copies. GTA is very addicting. You can actually do anything you want in GTA III and Vice City. If you want to drive around the whole city you can, if you want to kill innocent people you can. There is also Missions. There are over 70 fun, action-packed missions you can play. Plus there are other missions like Taxi Cab, Police missions, and much more. I have to say that GTA revolutionized the way we look at action games.

Anyways, there are tons of things to do in Grand Theft Auto III and Vice City. Its up to you to decide. If you don't feel like doing any missions you can just go around the city and have fun killing people. There are also up to 15 weapons to choose from, such as Uzi, Shotgun, baseball bat, Pistol, flamethrower, Rocket launcher, Sniper Rifle, M16, Molotov cocktail, grenades and a few others. The only thing I have to complain about the gameplay is the shooting. It is sometimes hard to shoot because you have to press the L trigger to lock-on enemies. But oh well, great game...

The sound is good. GTA Double Pack for Xbox also supports Dolby Digital 5.1. The voice acting is also great. Grand Theft Auto III's sound track is mostly Rap. I don't mind Rap. But if you don't like Rap, you can use your own Custom sound track from your stored music from the Xbox Hard drive. Grand Theft Auto Vice City's sound track is great too. It uses the 80's music. At first I didn't want to listen to the 80's music, but now I do. Its good. Again, if you don't like the music in Vice City, use the Custom Sound track feature.

The graphics in Grand Theft Auto Double Pack for Xbox are better than the PS2 and PC versions graphics. Don't expect to be shocked from what you heard about Xbox's version of GTA's graphics. They look similar but have been improved a little bit. Like the lips move, characters have been improved, characters have 'independent' fingers, cars have reflections, there are actual lights in the game and the game also supports 480p for HDTV's.

This game is very, very addicting and fun. It should keep you playing for hours and hours. Even if you played GTA III and Vice City to death, you will still have fun playing this game over and over. So many things to do in Grand Theft Auto Double Pack, so little time.

Yes, this game is that great! Although, I wish the graphics would have been improved by alot. If you're new to GTA, you're in luck, 2 fantastic games for the price of one. Double the trouble! Even if Grand Theft Auto III is 2 years old and Vice City is 1 year old, this is still a great game that you should have in your collection. What are you waiting for, get this great game now!!!
OVERALL: 9.7

Edited by DuDeR MaN, 22 January 2004 - 02:00 AM.

#2 Dagoth

Dagoth

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 December 2003 - 01:48 PM

This game is a classic - A must have game in any collection.

The fact that you can pretty much do anything you want whist on the streets, is a great laugh. Try hijacking the hunter (Apache Gunship) from the Vice City military base and go on the rampage (low level flight shooting anthing that moves). you can even have air to air combat with the police helicopters. Even basic car chases through the city can be really good fun

The two games are very similar, but I think That Vice city has the edge, due to the motorbikes & helicopters.. Don't get me wrong, flying a dodo around Liberty Island can be fun, but newer title swings it (just)

The game is similar to the PS2 version (but it looks a whole lot better) the missions and placement of objects / packages is identical.

I completed both of these games on the PS2, but have no objections to completing them again on the Xbox..

TOP Game and the double pack is graet value for money - weeks of entertainment - but nothing specifically new for the x-box 9.0/10

#3 nightshadow540

nightshadow540

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 December 2003 - 04:11 PM

I got the one with just Vice City but it doesn't load and I was wondering if anyone else is have the same problem.

#4 SYN-SpyDeR

SYN-SpyDeR

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 14 December 2003 - 09:27 PM

u can buy just vice city??? i wasnt aware of that. i played the hell out of the ps2 version so all i do now is ride the fast motorcycle and ghost ride into peds.

#5 Foe-hammer

Foe-hammer

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, body building, video games
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 December 2003 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE (nightshadow540 @ Dec 14 2003, 06:11 PM)
I got the one with just Vice City but it doesn't load and I was wondering if anyone else is have the same problem.

Set your xbox dashboard clock. For some reason all the rock star games i've tried have to have the clock set.

#6 Lt. DARRYL

Lt. DARRYL

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 11:00 AM

The only fun thing to do in these games is to put in the weapon cheats and get alot of armor and all the weapons and then go on a killing rampage... laugh.gif

Edited by Lt. DARRYL, 07 January 2004 - 11:00 AM.

#7 DuDeR MaN

DuDeR MaN

X-S X-perience

• PipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 January 2004 - 01:49 AM

*deleted previous crap posts*

Lets keep this thread on the topic of the game review.

Edited by DuDeR MaN, 23 January 2004 - 02:52 AM.

#8 CaTcHa

CaTcHa

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 23 January 2004 - 04:58 AM

The graphics in Grand Theft Auto Double Pack for Xbox are better than the PS2 and PC versions graphics.
uhh.gif

Be aware that the xbox version is in no way better than the pc version .

If you have a half way decent PC ie;

1gig 256meg ram and a gforce 3 or above the game will run at least 1024x768 at 60fps (a lot smoother than the xbox) complete with better particles/light shading and loads of add ons.

If you have the pc to play it ignore that part of the review

The pc version is the better buy for real .

#9 DuDeR MaN

DuDeR MaN

X-S X-perience

• PipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 January 2004 - 02:18 AM

Since that is basically what the last argument was about in a nutshell, I;ll allow the above post to stay but no more flaming about comparing the graphics to the PC version.

#10 ChrisF

ChrisF

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 03:51 AM

Personally, I think controllling this game and the camera angles are totally awkward at times. You get used to it and work around it but more often than not I find myself getting killed or loosing control of a situation due to some control or view/angle malfuntion. It's a really good game and a blast to play but if you are looking for the biggest negative - this is it (of course I can't think of a way to improve it either and it is not particular to just the Xbox version of the game).

#11 guitardork864

guitardork864

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 04:10 AM

CatChA, sorry to burst your bubble, but the PC got a pretty much 95% straight port from the PS2 with the exception of a few optimizations. AFAIK, the xbox version is the best graphics wise. However it does look better at 1280x1024 at 4xaa and 16af.

#12 CaTcHa

CaTcHa

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 04:29 AM

AFAIK, the xbox version is the best graphics wise. However it does look better at 1280x1024 at 4xaa and 16af.
uhh.gif

That is a contradiction unless you have some magical way of getting 1280 x 1024 4xaa and 16af on your xbox .

That is also the whole point the PC IS capable of 1600 x 1200 at good fps with a 40.00 graphics card.

Looking at my tv screen now and comparing it to the picture on my pc the cars / scenery / view distance just do not compare its like comparing a psx1 graphics to the xbox.

Too many jaggies and the colours are washed out.

#13 ChrisF

ChrisF

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 01 February 2004 - 02:21 PM

QUOTE (CaTcHa @ Jan 31 2004, 06:29 AM)
Looking at my tv screen now and comparing it to the picture on my pc the cars / scenery / view distance just do not compare its like comparing a psx1 graphics to the xbox.

Too many jaggies and the colours are washed out.

Unless you are using an HDTV and good component cables that isn't really fair to the Xbox. The graphics and colors are hugely improved with the right setup. Of course, the graphics on the PC are supperior - run both on the same HDTV set and watch a good home theater PC run games in 1080i. Will blow the Xbox right out of the water (but then again so does the price).

#14 imortalking

imortalking

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 02 February 2004 - 09:43 AM

Heres some piccies of vice city was bored so i thout i would share them with u lot...enjoy laugh.gif
http://www.freewebs....s/New00eee1.jpg
http://www.freewebs....ods/PIC0002.JPG
http://www.freewebs....ods/PIC0003.JPG

Edited by Mod: Please resize the image next time.

Edited by DuDeR MaN, 02 February 2004 - 07:17 PM.

#15 parkerbender

parkerbender

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 03 February 2004 - 03:09 AM

i dont think that the people who are disagreeing about the graphics understand, the pc version does have higher RESOLUTION, meaning that they are better able to perfectly replicate what is coded into the game as far as the shading, texture mapping, particles, etc. but although the pc version, on the right maghine is able to more perfectly show what is in the game, the actual code in the xbox version has more DETAIL- they change a few things such as the fire, a lot of different body movements such as finers, which on the pc version can be seen, but they dont move independently, also the detai lin the engine compartments and the dashes are amazing, w/a hdtv you can see that there is simply spme dfferent code in the xbox version that the pc version, but what both sides are saying is right, a pc can have higher RESOLUTION but the xbox version has more DETAIL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users