• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 consume

consume

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 November 2003 - 08:43 PM

Ok.. i just got a new burner.. (DVR-106). So I decided to make a few backups of DVD's that I currently own to try things out. I used DVDXCOPY from 321 Studios to make a copy of a movie that would fit on 1 dvd without cutting out anything.. Burn goes perfect. I put it in my PC DVD-ROM drive and powerdvd plays without a glitch. Happyness.. Time to test out the XBOX. Load up dvd-x version 2. And no go.. Tinker with it a bit.. Still no go. Make another DVD. This time a game.. Game plays in the xbox.. A little choppy.. So i install a samsung SD-616 and the game nows plays flawlessly.. Stick in the movie DVD.. Still no go.. mad.gif Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Original XBOX
------------------
Backup Game DVD works
Real DVD movie works
Backup DVD movie fails

XBOX with SD-616 cdrom drive.
---------------------------------------
Backup Game DVD works
Real DVD movie works
Backup DVD movie fails

#2 NeilME

NeilME

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 November 2003 - 08:53 PM

it would be better to just encode the dvd movies straight to divx on ur pc then ftp the divx over to ur xbox and play with xbmp. thats what ive done.

#3 consume

consume

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 02:05 AM

This is not what I am trying to accomplish though. I rather have a perfect copy instead of a ripped down version. If that is the only solution, I will have to go that way.. Anyone else have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

#4 lsd4me

lsd4me

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 06:02 AM

as far as I know (correct me if I am wrong) if you ftp the vob files they will play in XBMP.

#5 BobOnion

BobOnion

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 11:24 AM

are your DVDs finalized?

#6 Mr Ed

Mr Ed

Hacking Horse

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,588 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 November 2003 - 02:41 PM

QUOTE (NeilME @ Nov 9 2003, 02:53 PM)
it would be better to just encode the dvd movies straight to divx on ur pc then ftp the divx over to ur xbox and play with xbmp. thats what ive done.

I think his goal was to make a DVD that would play in any DVD player, not just the XBOX, so that woudn't help him.

#7 Arvarden

Arvarden

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 November 2003 - 03:18 PM

dunno tbh smile.gif...I use DvD decrypter then DvD2One, I burn them with Nero ver6 and all my backups play in standalone DvD players and of course my xbox with no probs.

#8 scorpion303

scorpion303

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 24 November 2003 - 01:08 PM

I have exactly the same 'problem' as consume...

Original XBOX
------------------
Backup Game DVD works
Real DVD movie works
Backup DVD movie fails

I thought all the time my dvds weren't recognized by my shitty Thomson, because my box kept giving me 'wrong media'-messages while playing them with the standard MS-dvd-player. The dongle-free-xdvd-player-thingie didn't work either. But after i choose 'file explorer' in avalaunch.. all dvds contents were listed correctly.. seems pretty weird to me.... smile.gif also because my dvd-movies play fine in computers or standalone-dvd-players...

I haven't tried playing them in XBMP yet... will do it after i get home from work..

Does anybody have a explanation or solution for this behaviour?

#9 MoNeY_MaN

MoNeY_MaN

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:PC's, Basketball, Linux, Gaming, PSP,Xbox, Xbox360, Computers
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 November 2003 - 03:51 PM

I have the same problem with my Xbox and also with my Trucks Dvd player. I don't know what the deal is all i know is that both stop playing right before the dvdXcopy disclaimer is about to pop out then i get Error 2 in my truck and nothing on my xbox.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users