Photo

Just Bought Xbit Will It Fix My Problem Tho?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 greenfellow

greenfellow

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 10:48 PM

I tried the font exploit using the hdd swap method and now everytime I try to start the xbox it gives me error 21. I can not hdd swap the drive to repair the problem because the xbox does not unlock the hdd any more, it only gets to the error and not to the dash. I can not boot from a game either sad.gif I am using a version 1.5 xbox with a focus video encoder will the xbit I bought work with my xbox? I know there is additional soldering I must do to make it work but what about the video encoder, is there a bios that can be used with the focus? My xbit will arrive tomarrow or the next day, I got overnight delivery on it. When it arrives assuming there is a bios that is compatible with the focus chip (I heard cromwell was not) will plugging the modchip in and soldering the two additional wires allow it to boot so that I can hdd swap the drive and repair the problem? Thanks in advance

#2 ACS

ACS

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 10 November 2003 - 10:50 PM

Wish i could help but i can't even get my xbit to work.

#3 greenfellow

greenfellow

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 11:47 PM

well that doesn't make me feel better, lol what problems are you having and should I expect them too?

#4 greenfellow

greenfellow

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 01:07 AM

Alright I managed to repair my error 21 problem thanks to some suggestions in the exploits section, I'm still curious though what bios my version 1.5 can run with my xbit if anyone knows I'd appreciate it.

#5 bishop05

bishop05

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 November 2003 - 02:20 AM

EvoX D 6 or Evox M 7

#6 greenfellow

greenfellow

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 06:18 AM

thanks...which is best? biggrin.gif

#7 moistness

moistness

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 11 November 2003 - 08:18 AM

QUOTE (bishop05 @ Nov 11 2003, 04:20 AM)
EvoX D 6 or Evox M 7

dry.gif ONLY the m7 will work on a 1.5!

#8 greenfellow

greenfellow

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 08:43 AM

biggrin.gif so much misinformation on this stuff, thanks everyone

#9 gadgetaddict

gadgetaddict

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 01:45 PM

so far the M7 is the ONLY bios that will work on 1.4 or 1.5 boxes (i got this from the front page, modchips, go into the bios chart) - http://www.xbox-scen...ios_retail.html
your xbit should completely bypas the onboard bios, and then you may have to fool around with your eeprom/hard drive to fix whatever you did - config magic can lock/unlock the hd, and the other programs should get you running/fixed (i always recommend slayer's install) - from what i've heard, the exploits can really screw around with your system - i'd bite the bullet, buy a bigger HD, and get the xbit and do it right!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users